Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

What to bring to trial?

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by Rileys mom, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Rileys mom

Rileys mom Forums Enthusiast

May 6, 2013
    MN
    I have my first obedience/rally trial tomorrow. Do you have any suggestions of what to bring?

Here is what I have so far:

crate
    collar without tags
    Riley's breakfast...I don't want to give it to him before a car ride
    Proof of Rabies vaccine
    water dish
    treats
    Obedience / rally rulebook
    bone for crate?

Also how early do you reccommend getting to the trial? The building opens at7 and the trial starts at 8. My BN obedience walk thru is around 8:30. I like to be places early but I don't want to make it too long of a wait for Riley.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  2. ClantyreSheltie

ClantyreSheltie Forums Sage

Feb 24, 2010
    Baltimore
    Floor covering, if required.

Hell, showing that early, I'd be working out of my car. I'm much too lazy to carry all that stuff in for one class just to break it all down again.

3. Rileys mom

Rileys mom Forums Enthusiast

May 6, 2013
    MN
    Checking the program, obedience run is at about 9:40 and my rally run is at noon. I want to watch some classes before mine.

I will bring an extra towel to put the crate on if I need floor covering. I have a plastic crate - I don't think it would scratch any floors.

I normally get up around 5:00 for work so getting up around 6:00 will almost be sleeping in!

4. Phebe*DD

Phebe*DD Forums Enthusiast

May 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    Sense of humor. :biggrin2:
    This first time in the ring can be 'interesting'.

5. bkzoo

bkzoo Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    CAMERA!!! So you can get pics of your first ribbons!

Good luck, and remember everyone around you had that dreaded first time also...and they kept coming back!

6. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Floor covering, chair for yourself, cooler with snacks for you and Riley, something to read if you are going to sit around for a while between runs.