Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Estella and the Collie

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Photo Updates' started by Estella'smom, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Estella'smom

Estella'smom Forums Regular

Aug 15, 2013
    Bethesda, md
  2. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Wow. That is really neat the two side by side and so similar in color.

3. Mignarda

Mignarda Forums Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2013
    Dover, Delaware
    The differences are subtle, apart from the size, so unless you're really into Shelties you're liable to get them confused, particularly with the outsize models. Dickens was visiting Callie the Schipperke a couple of weeks ago, playing in the back yard, when a delivery man came around back. Upon seeing the dogs he exclaimed, "Oh look! A Collie and a Pomeranian!" Understandable, but we quickly set him straight.

4. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    They both look very calm and happy...nice picture. :smile2:

Trini

5. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    What a great shot! While the Collie is pretty, Estella is a very beautiful little girl. It is certainly easy for people to think of the Sheltie as a "mini Collie", :confused2: especially when you see them standing side by side. :smile2:

6. jomuir

jomuir Forums Enthusiast

May 10, 2011
    They are both adorable! They do look very calm & happy. DH & I talk a lot about getting a collie next, which I would LOVE. I think I love Shelties mainly because as a small child my family had collies, so I feel very relaxed and loving towards collies & Shelties. Nice picture of two 'cousins' :winkgrin: