Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Edan and CJ's New Home Away From Home

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Silaria, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Back in February we started looking at purchasing a trailer for going to agility trials. Even though the site is only an hour away, the getting up at 5 AM after working all week gets old in a hurry. Hotel costs nearly broke our bank.

Well, back in May we put money down on a new ALiner hard sided pop up. It was actually LIGHTER to tow than a traditional canvas topped pop up AND we don't have to worry about restrictions some parks now have on soft pop ups because of bears.

The monthly cost for our trailer, including the cost for electric hook up at the trial site, is LESS than the cost of a weekend in a hotel even before figuring in the savings on food because we won't have to eat out.

We'll take her to her first agility trial next week. :biggrin2:

Here are some pictures of Edan and CJ's new home away from home, complete with Shelties making themselves comfortable. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1574495046111258&type=1&l=e7e9b4de5f

2. EJHUNTL

EJHUNTL Forums Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    That is so cute - I want one! Your shelties are beautiful!

3. Watson's Mom

Watson's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2012
    Fantastic! We had a camper before we had watson... then we had to get a bigger one because he takes up so much stinking space for such a little dog!:gaah

This looks perfect for a weekend trip, and the shelties are the perfect interior decorations!

4. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    I was just wondering the other day if you had gotten that A liner. I see you went with the bed/sofa rather than fixed bed. It really looks great. I am impressed with that line and the amazing use of space. Have a wonderful time in it!

5. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    The use of space is one of the big selling points on the ALiners along with the quality construction.

We opted for the bed/sofa because it gave just that little extra space. We looked at one with the fixed bed and it felt SMALL because you lost so much of the limited floor space. Also, the sofa/bed combo got us those little side tables for some extra working space.

I'm looking forward to spending time with the dogs and my hubby in it for agility and vacations.

6. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Fabulous! And you don't even tow it with a truck. I'd love something like this for dog shows. Staying at hotels does get old and the expenses sure mount up. Have a great time with your new home away from home!

7. bkzoo

bkzoo Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    I have always wondered what those look like on the inside - thanks for sharing the pics! (and I agree - your babies are beautiful) :smile2:

8. mcemily

mcemily Forums Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    That ALiner looks awesome! I hope you guys get lots of use out of it. Sure does beat taking your chances with hotels. Looks like CJ and Edan are already settled in... I'm sure it will be easier for them, too, to always have a familiar place to stay, no matter where you might be traveling.

9. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    That is a nice looking setup, now you and your baby's can travel in style and comfort. Beats a hotel every time, not everyone being so closed in and crammed in one small room will be a big plus . . . safe traveling. :smile2:

10. melbell

melbell Forums Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    Nice!! Can't beat saving costs. The doggies look right at home.