Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Spitfire has a new buddy

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by SheepOfBlue, Aug 17, 2014.

1. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Today was my brother's birthday and we coasted up to say hi and wish him a happy birthday. He lost his German Shepherd over a year ago so the guys went also as temporary dogs :)

Of course Sca loves him as my brother is a big dog person. However last time Spitfire still was not to sure he wanted to be friends. This time Spitfire let him pet him a lot though did not like being picked up. Of course anytime Sca went over then all was OK and once the petting started he was not going to leave :lol:

People came in and petted Sca (he has a store) but Spitfire hid behind me and was not about to let THOSE strangers touch him :pop A fun day.

2. Lanie

Lanie Forums Enthusiast

Nov 9, 2013
    California
    Each new person that my Echo has let pet her has been a major triumph. I so happy for Spitfire expanding his circle of "hooman" friends :smile2:

3. jomuir

jomuir Forums Enthusiast

May 10, 2011
    They don't like strangers, but when a fur-sib is getting pets & love from someone, well, that person suddenly becomes very interesting to the shy Sheltie. Not sit-on-their lap interesting, no- interesting enough to approach, sniff carefully, and MAYBE allow them to pet the Sheltie.

My Forrest would say Spitfire is very wise indeed to keep back from a stranger and let Sca take the risks first!:lol:

Glad you all had a nice day visiting your brother.

4. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Colonel Underpants would like to commend Spitfire for being so picky.