Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Grüezi from Switzerland

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Ashy, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Welcome! Your dogs and your pictures are beautiful!

2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Nadine, those are two of the most adorable Shelties I;ve ever seen! And how I love their nickname -- "the brownies"! We call Annie Laurie "Little Brown Dog.

If you get a chance, look on Facebook at The Wonderful Sheltie. There's a delightful Swiss lady, Severine Vicknair, who lives in the US.

3. Toffee's Mom

Toffee's Mom Forums Sage

Aug 31, 2009
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Welcome to Sheltie Nation from Canada
    Wonderful pictures of the brownies, they are very sweet! Looking forward to exchange of ideas and tips about European Agility :D I also do some agility, not competing at any top level just the occasional local trial, etc, but really love the sport. I am a fan of most dogsports may someday explore dock diving, have dabbled a bit in Frisbee and just contemplating a little freestyle routine...
    but all in all I just love spending time with my boys :D whatever we're doing, we love to have fun here at Sheltie Nation, so glad you could join us!
    Welcome to the Brownies from Toffee and Spruce

Attached Files:

4. Cooper'sMama

Cooper'sMama Forums Enthusiast

Aug 7, 2013
    Americus, Ga
    Welcome :) the "brownies" are absolutely beautiful!

5. Angelpuff

Angelpuff Forums Novice

Jul 13, 2014
    Australia
    Such gorgeous dogs, you have!!! Welcome! I'm new too =]

6. Sackett

Sackett Forums Enthusiast

Jan 16, 2010
    Cottage Grove, Oregon
    Welcome!!!
    I spent some time in Switzerland, in St Gallen....

Everett was "Little Brown Dog" too!

7. seashel

seashel Forums Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2010
    Kent, UK
    Hi and welcome!
    Switzerland is a beautiful country and your dogs are stunning too. Does Chaim have any British breeding behind - he might be distantly related to one of mine? :wink2: Love your photos! :biggrin2:

I'm hooked on agility too, I've been doing it less than 2 years but hope I'll be doing it forever! Like Toffee's Mom says it will be fun exchanging ideas. One of the best things about agility (I think) is how it is such a global sport. :biggrin2:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  8. Ashy

Ashy Forums Novice

Jul 8, 2014
    Switzerland
    Thanks for all your warm welcomes! It's funny that some people here were in Switzerland. And yes, it is a beautiful country and "never" would go home to Germany.

I am doing the most time agility, some obedience and other stuff. Calliesmom, I loe sable merles but here inE urope it isn't allowed to breed them. But perhaps I will import sometimes one. But my "heart colour" are the bi blacks but unforunately I had a lot of bad luck with these boys :sadsmile:

Seashel, here you can find the pedigree of Chaim: http://www.swiss-paws.com/chaim/chaim-pedigree/

One english sheltie and the american type isn't findabel anymore, haha! How I said… I love the american type but I love heads with "stop" like my Raichu (http://www.swiss-paws.com/raichu/raichu-pedigree/). He has enough bone and a nice muzzle but not too extreme. And he is just 15 months old, think he needs some more time to develop.

9. EJHUNTL

EJHUNTL Forums Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    Your shelties are beautiful - welcome!

10. seashel

seashel Forums Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2010
    Kent, UK

Thank you for posting the pedigrees (a fascination of mine). I see Chaim has two of my favourite international lines (Scotsdream/Grandgables) behind.

I think Raichu has a lovely expression - both are handsome (and clever) boys!