Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hello from Florida

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by barbie456, Mar 23, 2014.

1. barbie456

barbie456 Forums Novice

Aug 4, 2013
    florida
    I was from Cape Cod also. Got my first sheltie there from Mrs. Ruth Lane breeder. He was the best sheltie. I am on my third sheltie and they all are different. The male I have now is two years old and is also a barker. My vet wanted me to put him on Prozac when he was younger and I declined. She said it would calm him down . He is very aggressive toward people coming into the house. I can't seem to break him of that habit. Barks at people going by. Used to chase cars until he got loose and actually ran into the wheel of a van. Fortunately he only got his paw damaged and had to have stitches . No more chasing cars. Still would like to see him not be so aggressive to people coming into the house. Any suggestions.

2. Laddie's Mom

Laddie's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2013
    N/A
    Welcome to SN From New Zealand.

My dogs never stop barking, I have tried it all, nothing works. I know the frustration you are having.

I would try Prozac, but they do not do it here, so, I am using an herbal product called "Rescue Remedy" I use to take it when nervous, it helps. I read that it is safe for dogs and works wonders, we shall see.

3. Internette

Internette Forums Enthusiast

Aug 13, 2012
    Florida
    How about rescue remedy, have you tried that?

4. Cooper'sMama

Cooper'sMama Forums Enthusiast

Aug 7, 2013
    Americus, Ga
  5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    welcome:smile2:
    we love pix:yes:

6. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Our first Sheltie would freak out during thunderstorms. We used Rescue Remedy and it seemed to help take the edge off.

7. Mitchy

Mitchy Forums Enthusiast

Oct 22, 2012
    Idaho, USA
    hello and welcome!

I have a house of 5 chihuahuas and a sheltie, we have special chews/bones when company come....when someone rings the doorbell or knocks on the door now, I may get a couple barks, but then 6 faces staring at the pantry door waiting for the "special, only when company are here" bones to come out