Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Betty Cocker update

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by tofu pup, Jun 4, 2014.

1. tofu pup

tofu pup Moderator

Aug 28, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    We got her from Last Chance Ranch, in Quakertown PA... We had originally applied for a Sheltie-Poodle mix (!) but the lucky dog had already found a home. So we drove out there to meet some dogs.

I wasn't looking for a Cocker. My only parameters were for a 20-pound, middle-aged dog with some hair, not a Terrier, preferably from a breed with a reputation for trainability. I wanted to try something a little different from Shelties (call it youthful rebellion!).

B.C. fit the bill, and she needed a soft place to land (she was owner-surrendered to a shelter the week before Thanksgiving, adopted the week after Thanksgiving, returned to the rescue a week before Christmas, and came home with us January 4th). I'm pretty sure she spent her first month with us waiting for the sky to fall. I don't think she was ever abused or mistreated; she just had a lot of upheaval in a short space of time.

Thanks for your comments, everyone. She's a great little girl, and she's proud to be an honorary Sheltie!

2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Just so dang cute! We had a cocker at the shelter for a loooong time (she had severe mange and severe ear infections) but her adopter kept coming back to visit until she was well enough to go home. She was the sweetest thing, a blonde one named Peaches.

Congrats on all the progress Betty has made with you. I love that first picture.:yes: