Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Serious not eating problem

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by Marie Hay, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Oh wow. I hate those tick caused illnesses! Glad you have an answer and a plan.

2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I'm glad to hear you have an answer for your boy. We battle tick-borne illnesses here too from spring till fall. But once diagnosed and on doxycyclene, they improve very quickly. Keep an eye out in the future though for flare-ups...once they have it, the illness can recur. I found whenever I see the symptoms start I get them right on the medication.

One tip: It's good to give milk thistle when your dog is on antibiotics. It helps counteract liver and kidney damage, especially in an older dog. You can buy it in the drugstore and just add it to his food.

3. Marie Hay

Marie Hay Forums Novice

Jul 26, 2014
    Texas
    Update on Sheltie named Chance

Chance has been eating his regular ration of food for about 2mos now. Once the meds got into his system good for the tick related sickness, he is back to his eating routine.
    Thank you all for the comments. And now I am very aware of the potential problem rearing it's head again and will know what to do.
    My computer has been down and it's not too easy for my big thumbs to type on this little cell phone keyboard, but I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the folks here.
    Ty again.
    Marie

4. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    Thanks for your current update on Chance. I bet that you are so relieved.

Happy to hear he is doing so well and eating again!

Hearing this made me smile.

5. melbell

melbell Forums Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    I'm glad to hear your doggy is doing much better :)

6. Cooper'sMama

Cooper'sMama Forums Enthusiast

Aug 7, 2013
    Americus, Ga
    Thank goodness Chance is on the road to recovery!