Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Missy gets chased!

Discussion in 'Flyball' started by Jess041, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Watson's Mom

Watson's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2012
    Oh my goodness! I'm glad that the chase seems to have been spurred by over stimulation rather than aggression! I can imagine how scared and surprised poor Missy was:( So happy though that she was able to get back in the ring and finish her weekend!

2. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Yes, for whatever reason, you summed it up perfectly! I must have had a case of the Mondays yesterday. And somebody introduced a new term that I found hilarious.. "flyball hangover". Yup, I probably had one of those too!

I am just relieved that Missy didn't completely shut down on me. It shows how sensitive in nature some Shelties can be. I think on a scale from sensitive to confident, I think Missy is pretty confident, but she has her moments of weakness. I would have been heartbroken if she wouldn't/couldn't do flyball anymore. We both enjoy it so much.

3. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    On further thought:
    When you enter an agility tournament you can sense the focus. When you enter a flyball tournament you can sense the energy.