Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

obedience/rally trial attire?

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by Rileys mom, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    :lol:I did team obedience with Justice once. It was Justice who has a UD at the time, his sister Sunday who had a UD, Aunt Kita CDX and Diva's mom Hope who only had a CD at the time. All Sables(my how times have changed.) We practice for weeks. We never got it right. The recall was a major distaster.

Fast forward to the trial. Every dog was on that day. We only lost 1.5 point on heeling right up to the recall. Here comes the comedy!

Justice come, down, Sunday come down, Kita come down, Hope come down. They dropped in a perfectly straight line right in the middle of the mat. Dogs come ,they all came at the same speed, 4 perfect fronts, dogs heel, 4 perfect finished. It was amazing. :smile2:

The crowd was stunned. WOW you must have worked forever on that. :lol: We did but never never even got all the dog to stay the first time let alone be perfect. Wish I had it on video tape because lightning definitely stuck that day.

2. JLSOhio51

JLSOhio51 Forums Enthusiast

Mar 16, 2013
    Ohio
    Welp - there goes another obediance uniform that I won't be able to pull off!

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    looks like the Berner people know how to have fun:yes::lol:

4. Rileys mom

Rileys mom Forums Enthusiast

May 6, 2013
    MN
    Wow, that was a fun video to watch!

I am taking obedience classes and enjoying them. I wish I could scratch out of the BN obedience at the trial, as I didnt realize how technical it was. I need more time to practice my handling.

I think the rally novice classes should go well.

5. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
  6. fuzbuttsheltie

fuzbuttsheltie Forums Enthusiast

Aug 4, 2011
    Maryland
    I don't suggest anyone dress in long and flowing skirts at an AKC Obedience trial. Judging heel position would be quite difficult unless you truly don't care about the judge's score. The video event took pace at a Berner National and yes, they do know how to relax and have a good time. I think everyone, including the judge had a good laugh.

I haven't competed in team obedience because it's not offered, but what a good way of getting in the ring and relaxing those ring nerves!

Glad everyone liked the video. Obedience isn't boring especially if your teammate is having a good time.

Dani