Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Any respected show breeders in America?

Discussion in 'Considering a Sheltie?' started by Sheltie.Mama, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Sheltie.Mama

Sheltie.Mama Forums Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2013
    Montana
    I trust everyone on here, so I would like you to PM me the links or names/websites of some respected show breeders.. Thank you in advance!

2. Lightplum

Lightplum Forums Sage

Jan 4, 2009
    Rhode Island
    What one respects another may not. It is truly something you have do to your leg work on and find what works for you. You can start on the ASSA site or local breed clubs and work out from there and get to know people in your area and who you want to work with.

3. ttexan

ttexan Forums Regular

Dec 3, 2013
    Sandia Park, NM
    I agree that there are MANY different opinions on show breeders. It also depends on what you want for color and how much you have to spend. I have experience with only one top breeder who specializes in blue merles - Guy and Thelma Mauldin, Kismet Kennels (Houston area). I believe he is or has been the top US breeder for multiple years.

I am now retired and live in Singapore so have not seen Guy for many years but do correspond with him from time to time.

Good Luck,

Dan

4. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I have had the pleasure over the years of meeting many breeders, big and small. There are several whom I wouldn't hesitate to contact fr a Sheltie -- for pet purposes. I suspect they'd hesitate to sell me a show prospect unless I had a good plan to begin in that game. For that, I respect them.