Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Rescue transportation volunteer registry (proposed)

Discussion in 'Rescue Chat' started by mmcginty, Apr 14, 2012.

1. mmcginty

mmcginty Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2011
    Yes, I asked her for permission before I registered the domain.

Sheltie Shuttle is a cute name... and sheltieshuttle.com is even available, I'll probably register it too as things progress, and redirect it to the same site.

Thanks!

2. MissSuzie

MissSuzie Forums Enthusiast

Nov 19, 2008
    Beautiful SW Florida
    I'd be willing to pay an application fee. I love this idea and the map idea is AMAZING!

I said recently that my next car would be a van so that I could work in rescue transport. I'm in 1000%.

3. Toffee's Mom

Toffee's Mom Forums Sage

Aug 31, 2009
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    I'm in, if you need help in extreme east coast of Canada :smile2:

4. mmcginty

Jul 11, 2011
    New thread for update notices

Before anyone decides to unsubscribe to this thread, to get out from under its traffic load, I created a new thread exclusively for software update notifications.

Title: Gypsy Rescue Transport: update notifications

Please subscribe to it, rather than posting to it.

But keep posting to express interest to this thread (and don't worry about unsubscribing if you'd rather.) :yes:

5. Toffee's Mom

Toffee's Mom Forums Sage

Aug 31, 2009
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    subscribed, great idea all around

6. dawns2shelties

dawns2shelties Forums Sage

I'm very touched that you have honored my Gypsy in this way. I like Sharon's Hubby's name idea too. What if we combined them to Gypsy's Sheltie Shuttle.

7. Danny's mommy

Danny's mommy Forums Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    While working in getting Hope into a rescue I found out (per another rescue) that you need health certficates for the dog when transporting to different states. Pounds don't do health check ups or give vaccinations. Some research needs to be done into what kind of health documents are needed for transporting. A rescue got in trouble in Michigan for transporting dogs here from down south without the proper paperwork and health check ups on the dogs. The dogs went into quarantine. The rescue fined.

8. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    You need a certificate of veterinary inspection which is though the Board of Animal Health of the origin state. It must be filled out by an USDA accredited veterinarian within 10 days from transport and it is good for 30 days from issue. It would list the destination state so it is good to pass though all the states on the way.

9. lasheltie

lasheltie Forums Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2012
    When I got the 2 shelties from CT I needed their vet to do a health certificate. I found it online & they filled it out. Here's the official one I used. http://www.aphis.usda.gov/library/forms/pdf/APHIS7001.pdf

Most transports require a recent bordatella too as well as all shots current. I foster for our local humane society & have been involved in a small way when they transport.

10. mmcginty

Jul 11, 2011
    Forum member lasheltie brought to my attention a group called On the Road Again (OTRA) that seems to have a similar raison d'etra. I can't really comment on their operation yet, because they haven't responded to my request to join (their yahoo group, which seems to be their only online interface.)

I sent them the info they asked for on Saturday -- it's a very good thing I don't have an emergency need. Apparently timely response isn't their forte.

Their intro blurb indicates they prefer to move dogs that have been in a rescue for a couple of weeks. So while there may be some overlap, I think our goals are different enough... that they won't hate us at first sight. Who knows, maybe they'll use our system in their operation.