Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Can 2 males get along?

Discussion in 'Behavior' started by Crystal1, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Crystal1

Crystal1 Forums Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2009
    Ft Worth, TX
    Okay. Thanks, all of you for the info. I had two females and one male previously and everybody got along very well. The two females both wanted to be the boss and the boy didn't care. I wanted my older girl to be #1, so I just made sure she got her way most of the time. This has helped a lot. I am waiting for e-mails of 2 males that are available and well let you know what happens. Thanks, so much.

2. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

LOL!

btw -
    My two boys both squat and my forever pup Timber, also squatted. None of them every lifeted a leg ever!

3. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Previously I always had male shelties (both entire and desexed) and never had a problem with them getting along - they have pretty easy going natures (as long as there is no bitch around). I also always had male cats which they got along with.

4. granite

granite Forums Sage

Apr 6, 2008
    earth
    We have four shelties and two cats....The cats and Indy are neutered and the rest are intact. The guys get along better than the girls.