Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Please keep Bell in your prayers

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Justicemom, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    I just heard from my mom that their Lab Bell has been diagnosed with Fibrosarcoma. My mom noticed the tumor on her chest wall about 3 weeks ago. Bell has lots of lipomas but this one seemed hard and different.

They got a biposy last week and just got the results yesterday. Their vet thinks it may be attached to her chest wall and rib so it looks like it in not operable. Since the biopsy has been done it has triple in size so it looks to be very aggressive. It is already pushing on her elbow and making it difficult for her to walk and her appetite is dropping. They are looking into radiation options and chemotherapy in the meantime Bell is on Tramadol and prednisone(seems to be helping her eating and mobility but is palative). They are not sure what route they want to go. Bell is 11yr old at least. She is a rescue so could be older. :(

2. rose

rose Forums Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2011
    washington
    keeping Bell, you and your mother in my thoughts and prayers

3. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    Prayers went up for Bell, for your Mom and for you.

Please update us when you can. Thanks.

4. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    Your Mom, Bell and you are all in my prayers.

5. Danny's mommy

Danny's mommy Forums Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    I will be praying for Bell and your mom. Brings tears to my eyes.

6. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Dear St, Francis,
    We ask that you lend your loving support to Bell, who has fribrosarcoma. Bring her ease and comfort as she deals with this disease. Comfort her family, who lovingly rescued her and now hopes to be able to love her as long as they can.
    In His name we ask,
    Amen

7. mlamont

mlamont Forums Enthusiast

Oct 7, 2010
    PA
    Praying for Bell.

8. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    Oh...that horrible "C" word. I am so so sorry to hear about Bell. I will keep her and your family in my prayers.

Please keep us posted.

9. Megansmom

Megansmom Forums Sage

Dec 4, 2009
    Texas
    :no: I am so sorry about Bell....I can't think of a better family to belong to than one with a Vet :hugs

Praying for the entire family :sadsmile:

10. Maida

Maida Forums Regular

Jul 31, 2011
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Dear Bell

I am so sorry to hear about dear Bell. I am praying for Bell, your mother, and you too. This has to be a terrible time for all of you. Maybe chemo and radiation will help a lot. We all want our loved little ones to be with us as long as possible. Take care.

Maida, mom to sweet Christopher and Ritchie, and my eight wonderful little Shelties in Heaven