Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

I met Gail's Indie today!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by BarbV, Apr 15, 2012.

1. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Busy day at the store and I look up I suddenly see Bacca in the store! Uuuhm! What? I didn't bring Bacca to work today!

It was Gail (aka GChiu) bringing her Indie into the store. Indie and Bacca are distantly related, both originating from the same breeder here in Ottawa. (not to be confused with my Indy - different breeder entirely)

Of course, on 2nd look, they were certiainly not twins, but the red sable colouring was there, plus the certain soft expresseion that this particular breeders eyes have....the Eeyore eyes, I call it!. This breeder certainly breeds to a certain look that is unmistakable. I think I could recognize one of her dogs anywhere now!

It was lovely to see Gail, her husband (?) and Indie. Indie was very good and performed some wonderful tricks. Bacca should be shamed by what Indie can do.

Indie is truly a lovely dog, Gail! And it was great meeting all 3 of you today!

2. GChiu

GChiu Forums Enthusiast

Loved Barb's beautiful store - it's truly the most stylish one in all of Ottawa~ :eek2: Tall ceilings, large photo posters, and shelves stocked with everything to pamper your pet. Loved it!!

Indie (and my hubby) had a lovely time at Barb's store. I couldn't believe all the treats you were giving Indie, tho! This is why he was full of energy in the car and crashed as soon as we got in the house.

Next time I visit, be sure to have Bacca and Indy there to greet us! It was so nice to meet you, a celebrity, in person.

3. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Forums Celebrity

Oct 24, 2008
    Oh how fun. Looks like we all need to make a stop at Barb's store if we're in Ontario. Maybe I just need to make a trip out there anyways. Never been to East Canada.

4. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

You'd love Eastern Canada....so very different from your neck of the woods...I've been to your area and so appreciate the beauty of Southern US as well (My parents lived in LA for 4 years).

5. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Forums Celebrity

Oct 24, 2008
    I'm assuming we're both talking Los Angeles, right?

Actually, I think almost any other city may be more interesting than LA. Well, I take that back. I mean, we have mountains, beach, desert...what else is there? No rainforest. Now, granted I do have to drive for some beauty. I think that's why I fell in love with Oregon. It's so green and so many trees and it's not all boring gray.

I bet Eastern Canada is very green and lush. :) Well, unless there's FEET of snow covering it all.

6. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Snort! Celebrity! :eek:

Indie worked for his treats! He is an inspiration! I was so impressed with his tricks. You must teach me so I can teach my dogs!

With advance notice, I'll bring the dogs in. I don't bring them every time because if I'm busy, they seem want to follow customers outside! I know that I need to train them to be store dogs....maybe I need YOUR help in training! :wink2:

7. Danny's mommy

Danny's mommy Forums Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    Let's see - I have been to Toronto and Montreal. That is it except for Winsor area. Sounds like you have a beautiful store. Celebrity indeed.:lol:

8. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

California has its own beauty. You just can't compare the two regions.

Ok, off track, but since it's my thread, I guess that's allowed! :razz:

9. GChiu

GChiu Forums Enthusiast

Yes, you are a celebrity!! :cool:

I'll be happy to teach your boys tricks. I'll have them jumping through hoops, just you watch. It's true Indie is a great circus dog. Service dog, not so much... I pretended to pass out once and Indie walked over me. I'd like to think he was too smart to be fooled! :rolleyes2:

10. Dexter'sMom

Dexter'sMom Forums Enthusiast

Dec 29, 2011
    Ottawa Ont Canada
    How nice you were able to get together. !!! Great store everything you said +++ !!
    I guess your Indie will have to whip our "East -End Kids" (Treesa too ! ) into shape ...:eek2::lol::lol: