Go Back   Sheltie Forums > Sheltie Talk > Sheltie Chat
Become a Premium Member Rules Support Sheltie Nation Member Map

Notices

View First Unread View First Unread  
Old Aug 15, 2014, 01:23 PM

The way that Annabelle, Clara and Tara always have to have their heads on something that gives them a pillow.

The way that Annabelle points her nose downward and looks up at me through the top of her eyes because she knows it's cute.

The way that Clara will turn inside out when I first get home. And how she paws at my arm to get belly rubs- while she is standing.

The way that Tara will cuddle up to me for sleeping, but thinks of DH as a toy and doesn't cuddle next to him.

The way that Casey flops onto his back for belly rubs. And the way that he sits down and pulls his ears back when he doesn't want to go outside too.
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2014, 01:48 PM

Great thread! Mine is yesterday on our walk, three little girls asked if they could pet the dogs. Forrest hid behind me while Roxie sat pretty & ate up all the pets & love the girls lavished on her. She was a perfect girl! I was so proud, even of Forrest who used to literally cringe, all he did was step behind me to wait it out calmly.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 08:56 PM

Cookie does the same thing as Cubby--he pokes my husband with his paw to get his attention. Poke. Poke. Poke. Lick lick. Hey. Hey. See me? :P
Old Aug 15, 2014, 09:46 PM

So many silly things Watson does.... gently (daintily?) Taking a green bean in his front teeth and trotting off with it. The ever so gentle nibbling of the tip of my nose- his version of kisses. Hopping up on the couch or bed and curling up in a neat little sheltie - ball with his chin on a pillow waiting for me to go to sleep too. I ♡ him!

And when he does cute things like this....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140808_132940.jpg (27.6 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Watson's Mom; Aug 15, 2014 at 09:54 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 08:16 PM

Default Echo let total strangers pet her

Thus isn't a little thing, it's a HUGE thing. Echo doesn't let people (other than me) touch her and if they try, she backs up. If they persist, she air snaps and barks at them. We've been working on this for 9 months. There are now 6 people from the dog park that she sees every day that can touch her and on Friday, she let the women in the picture (who she had never met) pet her. I'm so proud of her.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwxq3mxatu...2012.30.41.jpg
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:20 PM

HURRAY ECHO!! That's so brave! what a good dog to work so hard, and good job to you as well for all other hard work helping her overcome her shyness!
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:42 PM

That is a wonderful and huge thing.
Shaman Von Raesfeld - GSD Mix 02/06/11-- Aussies at Bridge: Quasar, Holly, & Mayson
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:44 PM

Great job Echo!! Your mama must be SO proud of you! And kudos to her as well for helping you learn to be less shy and more trusting!
Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:56 AM

My neighbor's young child is afraid of dogs but the other day was feeling brave. She very carefully walked up to Romeo. He just stayed still and very gently wagged his tail. I told her he was saying hello. She tenatively petted his side, and he turned and very gently sniffed her face, then gave her a little kiss on the nose. She giggled and gave him a hug. He is such a kind, patient boy !
Old Aug 19, 2014, 12:46 PM

Thank you so much for the kudos
She's worked so hard. Our big goal is to get her CGC someday.
If she's on a table or on her show lead people can touch her. If I'm holding her, people can touch her. Off-leash, nothing doing until recently.
She was a show dog that didn't make the cut and the breeders let me have her at 10 months. I have a feeling that she didn't have a lot of contact with people other than them and show judges. She loves other dogs.
The big problem is that she'll walk up to people and touch them with her nose and when they reach down to pet her, she reacts. Kinda scary for the human on the receiving end
I've been lurking here for months reading and reading and you've all helped me more than you'll ever know.