Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

The Little Red Caboose Has Pulled Into The Station!

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Photo Updates' started by Mom2Melli, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    A couple cute pix after I felt better from my flu and could manage a camera.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  2. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    He does look like Simba, the Lion King. :smile2: I bet you will hear that a lot.

3. Judyg

Judyg Premium Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.
    I'm glad you are feeling better. He's such a sweetie.

4. Jeff

Jeff Forums Regular

Aug 13, 2014
    Massachusetts
    He's sooooo big! I'm jealous haha. I'm hoping for a larger pup when Odin grows up but I'll be happy either way.

5. bkzoo

bkzoo Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    I just love that 2nd photo - the look is priceless!

6. Mom2Melli

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    HUGE Day! Final shots! Yes, I fudged -- Rabies & 4 N 1. He tolerates shots SO well. Negative fecal. We are just a bit over 14 inches and 13.6 pounds. AND . . . we are FREE (almost). Next weekend -- Adventuring!

Pictured: Vet Dr. Adams . . . there was a cupcake (I licked the frosting but mommy ate the cupcake) . . . and love from Grandma.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  7. Mom2Melli

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    However, I am now mocked by this one little vet tech. She asked if she could touch him this time. I said, "did you wash your hands?" When she said she had, it is part of the rules, I let her give him a treat and pet him, though I still handled him for the vet during shots (seriously, not that hard, I could have GIVEN the shots, used to do it all the time with kittens). A couple other techs stopped by to say he was cute and that tech basically told them not to look at him or point at him unless the were sterilized. They were all sort of laughing. She asked if next time we came in I would let her take him to the back. I said, "Aw yea, take him on back, do whatever. We are free (in 7-10 days)" I laughed it off but I am a bit peeved. You don't mock clients for keeping their puppy safe.

However, the vet came in and said sorry it took long but she had just handled another puppy and had to go wash up and sterilize her scrubs. She wasn't mocking me. She was serious.

8. kryslaurelle

kryslaurelle Forums Enthusiast

Nov 26, 2012
    SLO, California
    I get to bring Enzo to work with me, and I'm sure my bosses (husband/wife team) think I'm being a bit overprotective of him. I have a baby gate in my office door, otherwise he'll go find a paper towel to shred or something, but they probably think the gate's a bit funny. I remember when I first started, the husband had just gotten a puppy, and he never had his pup penned off.

Then one of the few times Enzo had run of the office, he followed my other boss outside with her dog without my knowledge, and when I called him, he didn't come. Then when I started to get frantic, I discovered him picking up goodness knows what off the ground around where the non-office employees eat. She made some comment about how this is the first time he's been more than 14 feet away from me. Uhhhh, yeah, because I don't want him sticking his nose where it shouldn't be! And am I supposed to feel bad about not letting my dog be 'more independent?'

Sorry, that kind of turned into a rant, but the point is I know how you feel!

9. Mom2Melli

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Totally hear you! I would have been nuts if he had been suddenly gone and more nuts if he had been picking up litter. I would have been three times as nuts if someone had acted like it was no big deal.

I just had my first "lost Cubby dream" today. Granted, I am recovering from horrible flu and not in my right mind, but I dreamed he walked out a door and was lost. I wanted around screaming for him til I was hoarse. I finally roused myself and woke up upset. This was a combination of Piper and some lost dog on FB and the time my Quay bolted and pulled out of collar but I got him back. Scary!

10. ellenspn

ellenspn Forums Enthusiast

Jul 6, 2014
    Swamps of NE Illinois