Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Phooee What now???

Discussion in 'Agility' started by Hurtseverywhere, Apr 10, 2014.

1. ClantyreSheltie

ClantyreSheltie Forums Sage

Feb 24, 2010
    Baltimore
    Bah, strain? Rub some dirt in it (just kidding)

I ran once on an ankle that I had put in a hole and twisted that morning. Someone that does some kind of magical ligament manipulation fixed me up, and also fixed the shin splints I had been ignoring for years, I had it lasered, and I ran on it for my first QQ.

I tend to run even when things hurt, but I don't recommend it. I also suck at Yoga because I don't "listen to my body". Years of structured dance taught me to ignore things, and that persists today.

2. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Yup... I have a similar reason lol.

3. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    Hope you continue to improve and can run on the weekend. Just a word of caution to add to what has already been said: I would love to do agility - Liam has the speed and brains for it. I can't. Years of spraining/twisting my ankle, an Achilles tendon rupture, arthritis has led to a calcification in my ankle. Some days, I can hardly put any weight on it. Don't ignore something that can lead to more serious consequences down the road. I would love to run a 5K - ain't happening.

Repeated strains/sprains/muscle & tendon injuries can lead to more serious problems. Don't ignore or think you can tough it out.

4. Hurtseverywhere

Hurtseverywhere Forums Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2010
    London Ont
    Well The taping and compression sleeves worked very good was able to run abit a bit slower and only on the last run of the day did I tweeked it just a little bit some ice tonight should fix it up.

The Good new is I now have a master's level dog, just not the one I was expecting Cosmo ran a perfect adv std run 12 seconds under vets STC to get his AADC.

Storm ran excellent all day but had weave issues she popped out at 10 twice during steeplechase and on her adv std that she needed for her AADC title so no title today for her one more shot tomorrow.

Storm had a beautiful 38 point opening in gamblers with a 6 and a 12 point mini but then choked the gamble been told it was my fault but Iam not sure will have to wait to review the video as I am not so sure, Cosmo had a 21 point opening good enough for vets but then Dad went and stepped on the gamble line in the final OH Well Bad Dad guilty as charged.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  5. Sharon

Sharon Forums Sage

Feb 27, 2008
    Southeastern Ct
    Phooee what now?????????

Sounds like Storm might need to be adjusted by the chiropractor.When they start popping the 10th pole at least with my guys they need adjustments.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
  6. Hurtseverywhere

Hurtseverywhere Forums Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2010
    London Ont
    Better today Storm went 2 for 3 with a masters steeple chase Q that's 7 now and counting and a ADV Jumpers Q she seemed a bit slower then usual today but had great control
    unfortunately as usual the one Q we needed slipped away, she stumbled on the
    dog walk and slipped off the side right at the down contact never really recovered right from that and missed the weave pole entry. Cosmo Had a good day and picked up an adv Jumpers Q.

Dad faired very good today and came thru without any further damage, it definitely wasn't a call That I hope to have repeat anytime soon and I now have till may 24TH to get better before we run again a couple of week before the regionals..

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014