Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Switching from Iverhart Max to Revolution?

Discussion in 'Drugs & Medications' started by Rileys mom, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Rileys mom

Rileys mom Forums Enthusiast

May 6, 2013
    MN
    Riley gets Iverhart Max. He is MDR1 positive.

I quit for the winter but started giving it to him again in April. This last month after getting the medication he vomited a couple hours later. Last Friday at his annual vet check the vet told me to give him another heartworm and keep an eye on him. He vomited again today after another heartworm pill.

My vet said that if he vomited again she would have me put him on Revolution. I have a few questions:

Is it safe for MDR1 dogs?
    Does it work well?
    If it is also effective against ticks and fleas would I still need to use Frontline?
    What are your experiences with Revolution?

2. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    I use Revolution on all mine - none are MDR!1+ although Emma can have funky reactions to some meds. Never had a problem with fleas or ticks on them.

3. EJHUNTL

EJHUNTL Forums Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    I use Revolution for Hanna. I can attest that it does not work for ticks, we live in an area that has quite a lot of them and I pull one off her at least every other day. Today's was not attached, but her coat is so huge that I don't always find them before they get latched on.

I could use Advanticks, but it's toxic for cats and Mulligan is still only 4 months old. Hanna has had the Lyme vaccine, so I'm hoping she's protected well enough. No issues with fleas.