Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Get well / Thank You card for Zippy and his Rescue

Discussion in 'Rescue Chat' started by mlamont, Apr 14, 2012.

1. LaddieKatieMom

LaddieKatieMom Forums Enthusiast

Apr 14, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    LOVE IT!!! I really have to stop looking at these things at work (sniff, sniff)!!
    Get well Zipster....big sheltie kisses from Katie and Laddie!!

Rob
    Katie: 15 y/o Tri Diva
    Laddie: 6 y/o One-Eyed Cookie Thief

2. Danny's mommy

Danny's mommy Forums Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    I love the card. Thanks Mike!

3. mlamont

mlamont Forums Enthusiast

Oct 7, 2010
    PA
    Some folks have said they couldn’t read the words on the card attachment.

The front says:

“Once you choose hope,
    Anything’s possible.”

The inside says:

“When the world says, ‘Give up’
    Hope whispers, ‘Try it one more time’”

4. LadyMcBeth

LadyMcBeth Forums Enthusiast

Oct 30, 2010
    San Marcos TX
    Mike,

That card is fantastic! So perfect for the occasion! Did you make that yourself? I can't wait to see the finished product!

5. Danny's mommy

Danny's mommy Forums Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    I couldn't read it before but loved the picture and now that I have read the words I am totally in tears because it fits the whole Zippy rescue perfectly. Thanks Mike.!

6. mlamont

Oct 7, 2010
    PA
    No... I didn't write the words. I found this card a short while back and just thought about Zippy... so I thought it may be the one for him.

7. mlamont

Oct 7, 2010
    PA
    Thanks everyone!

Thanks for all of the great responses. I have received Zippy’s get well card and will be putting everything together this weekend. Within the card, I will include everyone who posted in this thread and also include all of your comments to Glenn and little Zippy. Encouraging words from all of us here at S.N. and from good folks from all over the country, I know this will go a long way in letting Glenn and Zippy know that they’re not alone in getting through Zippy's recovery.

8. mlamont

Oct 7, 2010
    PA
    Zippy's card goes out Monday

Thank you all again for supporting Zippy and his card will go out tomorrow. Everyone from this post and all of you wonderful comments, ‘thank yous’ and ‘get wells’ for Zippy and Glenn have been included in the card (Three pages worth). My short letter to Glenn, Sunne, Zippy and all at ASR is as follows:

Glenn,
    Sunne, and all at ASR,

First and foremost, thank you, for all that you do.

I have been a member of SheltieNation.com for the past couple of years and this is where Zippy came to my attention via a Petfinder posting. I was amazed at the outpouring of support and prayers that went up for Zippy during that time when we didn’t know his fate. Zip is very special and he captured the hearts of folks all across the country. The following pages are just a handful of all the people that have been praying and wishing well for Zippy. So many folks wanted to extend their ‘Get well soon’ for Zippy and a very special thanks to Glenn and all at ASR for saving Zippys life and all that you do in sheltie rescue.

Thank you from all of us at Sheltie Nation.

And a note to Zippy:

Little Zippy,

A short time has now passed, and I am comforted to know you are now safe and in the loving care of a very special man who will see to all of your needs. Your kind eyes and gentle spirit have reached out and touched may people so very deeply. Know that we all continue to pray for you during this time you need to heal. You are truly very special; you have many more hearts to touch as you have touched mine and some many others. Get well soon my little friend.

You are not forgotten Zippy,

Attached Files:

9. LadyMcBeth

LadyMcBeth Forums Enthusiast

Oct 30, 2010
    San Marcos TX
    It's a beautiful card Mike. Thank you for all you've done. I am comforted to know Zippy was not forgotten...and is safe and loved now.

And a big thank you to everyone else who helped Zippy out along the way, to save this special senior. I am crying....:sadsmile:

10. dawns2shelties

dawns2shelties Forums Sage

the card really brought tears to my eyes.

Sending prayers and Blessings to Zippy and Glenn.