Go Back   Sheltie Forums > Sheltie Gear > Clothing, Leashes & Collars
Become a Premium Member Rules Support Sheltie Nation Member Map

Notices

View First Unread View First Unread  
Old May 12, 2014, 05:56 PM

You're welcome. I hope you like your purchase.

I know I feel much better with my dogs aging and going from running an agility course to either laying in an A/C building after running or drastic temp changes between out and in at the trials. I figure anything I can do to help their joints as they age the better.

Just as an FYI, when we are just home and the dogs are going out for a walk or a potty break, they don't get the jackets on. I let their fur do what it's designed to do. The jackets are only for agility, like a warm up jacket.
Sponsored Links
Old May 13, 2014, 02:59 AM

Thanks. I ordered the mesh so now we gotta wait til it arrives :)
I agree. I'm not planning on using it on regular days when we go for a walk. When I mentioned wearing it at home I meant after training class over the night or after whole weekend at the trial. Our trainings are quite intense so I think it won't hurt for him to wear it afterwards and during trainings/trials when it's not his turn. I also imagine I'll be using it much more during cold weather.
Old May 14, 2014, 08:12 AM

Mesh arrived today. It's really nice product and I think it fits him perfectly. Just put it on to try it out for awhile, he's had it on him for 30mins (gonna take it off in a moment) and it's interesting he's warm at certain spots at one side of his body and relatively cold at others. I'll try and add pictures later
Old May 14, 2014, 09:30 AM

Ok here's few pics
http://s293.photobucket.com/user/hel...?sort=3&page=1
Old May 14, 2014, 12:10 PM

it looks good- nice modelling job
Old May 15, 2014, 03:54 AM

Thanks Poor boy is used to taking pics lol. But what he wouldn't do for a treat haha.

I have a question about your mesh BOT and how it functions - he didn't wear it too much yesterday, but I still wonder how it's supposed to work. E.g. he's rather cold under the blanket, but had warm belly and paws which I found curious since they were the parts that weren't covered by rug. Also when he got it on for awhile at night it seemed he was pretty cool all over his body but was little panting which I found a bit strange and interesting. SO how does your rug work on your dog? Of course, I'm not drawing any conclusions here since it was first day of use and he only had it on for awhile, but I still wonder how it's supposed to be - is it supposed to be hot under mesh rug or is it actually only hot at spots that are problematic.... etc.

Second question - does any of you use mesh rug on male dog? I wonder if it's problem when they're at the trial/training class with it - if they ever pee over belly strap?

Thanks all