Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Bacca, my boy...has crossed to the bridge....

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by BarbV, Feb 23, 2014.

1. trish

trish Forums Novice

Feb 17, 2014
    lanarkshire
    So sorry Barb. One day the memories won't hurt so bad and make you smile..until then, Love and hugs . Thinking about you, and his brother x

2. dawns2shelties

dawns2shelties Forums Sage

Barb I am so sorry and I know how hard it is to lose one of our pups so young. Hugs and prayers to you and David.

3. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Forums Celebrity

Oct 24, 2008
    Yup, it's taken me this long to get myself together to write. And yet, I'm still crying thinking about it.

I am so sorry. Especially sorry that you weren't there. I'm glad David was there though, someone Bacca knew and trusted. Knowing Bacca, he probably didn't want you to suffer or have to deal and hurt from what happened. But I know it still hurts coming home to a house with one less pup.

I rarely come to this section because it's just too hard. But I had to, for Bacca and you. He's been through so much (as have you). I'm glad he's running free and at peace.

The animal communicator I spoke with regarding Miko told me that when I pass over, I will see Miko before I see my family. Well. Maybe Bacca got to see your daughter first and they are together watching over you and Indy (and David too).

Lots of hugs to you and Indy :hugs
    My heart goes out to you.

Run free Bacca.

4. xerospin

xerospin Forums Enthusiast

Dec 11, 2010
    Taiwan
    Oh barb I'm so sorry for your loss. bacca was a beautiful dog, I hope you and Indy are helping each other through this difficult time. We are here to offer you any support you need. (Hugs)

5. missjenneygirl

missjenneygirl Forums Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2009
    connecticut
    I am just seeing this for the first time.

I am so sorry to hear of Bacca's passing. He has been a huge part of the Forum for so long, it is like he was part of all of our families.

We held our collective breath when he was not do well, and would cheer with you when he would have good times.

We all will miss Bacca.....:cry:

6. SuzieQ1960

SuzieQ1960 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 8, 2009
    Hermiston, Oregon
    Barb I am so sorry to hear of Bacca' s passing. I feel like I have known him forever, at least since I joined this forum five years ago. He was so loved and he knew it. May he run free at the bridge and may he, Timber and your daughter wait together until they see you again. Blessings and healing thoughts are being sent your way. I will hug my Aonghus tighter tonight and he, Miss Meggie and I will be thinking of you and Indy.

7. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Yeah, Bacca was my lifeline. He came to me after my daughter committed suicide in March 2008, and then my Timber followed her to the bridge in April 2008. Bacca helped me knit myself back together after those tremendous losses. And now he is gone.

I still can't imagine that he is gone. Though a big part of me is glad that he is no longer in pain. The last few weeks were hard, and I think I knew the end was coming....I just did not expect him to fail while I was on holiday. I miss him so much.

8. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Barb, I used to be a Hospice nurse, and I sometimes saw folks depart this life when no one was with them. It was as if they wanted to spare their beloveds some of the sorrow of their passing. Bacca chose a time when you were with friends, happy and at peace to slip over the Bridge. Trust me, it won't be so quiet when you arrive there!!!!

9. Sumac3890

Sumac3890 Forums Sage

Sep 12, 2008
    Fort Myers, Fl
    Chris, You sure have a way with words. Lovely.

10. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

I thought I was over crying, but apparentely not. I've had so many customer's come into my store and give me hugs, that it seems the tears don't stop. Tomorrow I go pick up his ashes.

Then when the ground has thawed, I will bury him in my parent's memorial garden. And then maybe, I can finally put him to his well earned rest. Darling boy, I miss you so much and Indy does too! He keeps running to where your food bowl was to see if you left him any scraps! :sadsmile: He hasn't figured out it out yet...Poor Indy!