Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hi

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by trish, Feb 17, 2014.

1. trish

trish Forums Novice

Feb 17, 2014
    lanarkshire
    I just wanted to say a quick hello as I just joined today and have enjoyed reading your posts. I've come to this thread as I lost my boy, Ben, 3 years ago. I'm not gonna lie, it turned my world upside down and I could barely mention his name without breaking down for a very long time. I recently decided to give a sheltie in need a home, and have been told I'm now 40th on the list, so hopefully it won't be too long. I'll post a pic as soon as I get him. Just wanted to give a big hug to all the fur baby parents who are grieving now. It does get easier, eventually, tho right now you won't believe it. Take care all:hugs x

2. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Welcome and I hope the list goes quickly so we can rejoice at your new family member along with you.

3. trish

trish Forums Novice

Feb 17, 2014
    lanarkshire
    Thank you so much..I'm thinking of a name for him already,and looking forward to my new life with him

Ben will forever be in my heart though x <3

4. susanmccain

susanmccain Forums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2013
    London, Ohio
    Welcome to the forum! Waiting on a puppy always seems like it takes forever...I hope that time passes quickly for you. Good luxk with your new furbaby.

5. trish

trish Forums Novice

Feb 17, 2014
    lanarkshire
    Thank you. Not sure what I'm getting yet..But I've not given them too many preferences lol. Can't wait tho x

6. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    Hi Trish, welcome to the Nation from Florida. Many of us here have suffered all the same feelings you have described and yes, it does get easier over time. Glad to hear you will be bringing a new baby into your family. Let us know and be sure to send pictures. Hoping you won't have long to wait. :fl

7. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Welcome. The little ones we have loved and lost never do leave our hearts and we always miss them no matter how many years have passed. But, hopefully, a new sheltie will bring you comfort and find his/her own special place in your heart. That is wonderful that you are looking to adopt a rescue. :)

Trini

8. trish

trish Forums Novice

Feb 17, 2014
    lanarkshire
    Thank you Trini and Sullivan..can't wait to share his pics with you. Getting impatient lol x

9. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Welcome to the boards. We all understand how you are feeling. I felt the same when we lost Hollie 3 1/2 years ago. The pain does get better but we never forget our loved ones. Hope to see some puppy pictures soon.

10. trish

trish Forums Novice

Feb 17, 2014
    lanarkshire
    Thank you Shelby's mom , and all ,for the warm welcome.
    Enjoying reading your stories and all the pics..hopefully add mine soon x