Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

That's me & my best friend

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Crackerjack, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Forums Novice

Jul 11, 2014
    Germany
    Hello,
    my name is Mel (Melanie), I'm 28 years old an I'm from Germany.

My best friend named Jack is a 7 year old tricolor Sheltie. He is such a nice guy, but he is so afraid of other People.
    Twice a week we go to the dog grooming school and do some obedience and agility. Jack loves it, aspecielly the agility.

I hope I can stay in this community to exchange my experiences and refresh my english skills.

Greetings from Mel & Jack

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    welcome:smile2:
    we love pix:yes:

3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Welcome...

Greetings Mel and Jack! You have found a great group at Sheltie Nation!:yes:

I live in Michigan with several relatives in Germany.

Nice that you want to help Jack overcome his fear of people. Obedience training and agility are great ways to engage him and allow him to gain confidence too!

I have always wanted a tri. I have sable boys.

Send pictures and let us know how the progress goes on his training!:biggrin2:

4. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Nice to meet ya, Mel and Jack! Hope to see a pic of your special boy :yes:
    Your english is pretty good!
    Throw in some German so I can see if I remember anything from high school!
    Ich kan verstehen ein bischen? oh wow I have no idea if thats even close LOL

5. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Welcome, Mel and Jack! I have a shy boy, too -- Beckon. He usually stays home on the farm. :wink2:

6. Sheltie4

Sheltie4 Forums Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2013
    Kansas City
    Welcome Mel and Jack.

I too, have a couple of shy dogs that have come around with Rally O training and taking them to different dog events around town.

I also have the shyest foster Sheltie that I have ever had. Meghan is very sweet and coming around slowly, but still prefers to hide in my powder room and has yet to take a treat from my hand, or come when called.

But I see sparks of interest and know she will be a loving companion one day.

It just takes a lot of time and patience.

7. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    Welcome Mel and Jack to Sheltie Nation. This is a great place to stay and play and you are welcome as long as you want to stay. We love pictures and can't wait to meet your baby boy. :smile2:

8. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Welcome Mel and best friend Jack. :smile2: Glad you have joined us. Of my 4 shelties one is very shy with people but not remotely shy with other dogs. Some shelties are one person or one family doggies and really not interested anyone else.

Trini

9. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Welcome! I have a very very shy shepherd. He stays home with my husband who likes to stay home on our small ranch. My black tri Melody is OK with people and dogs but would rather be home too because she gets very very very car sick. She liked training classes and agility class though. My new puppy is very outgoing and curious and I can't wait to see the things we can do when we grow up.

Most of my family is from Germany and my husband's family too (his family even has a castle in Germany -- Von Raesfeld -- which I have seen pictures of).

Keep working with your boy and enjoy Sheltie Nation.

10. susanmccain

susanmccain Forums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2013
    London, Ohio
    Welcome to the forum, Mel and Jack.