Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

[Video] Precious' Easter Egg Hunt Fun

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Photo Updates' started by PreciousSheltie, Apr 9, 2012.

1. PreciousSheltie

PreciousSheltie Forums Enthusiast

Mar 13, 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFLg...DvjVQa1PpcFNjeoPwCdlUjrPxkU_wQnlA5LTp4aozvpQ=

Precious enjoyed a fun doggie-style easter egg hunt over the long weekend! I basically stuffed some of her yummy treats in to plastic easter eggs and hid them around by a large tree. Then I asked her to look for them by sniffing around, it was just a VERY fun activity that the both of us really enjoyed together. :)

Note: "Go Find It" is a trick I taught Precious how to play only in our home and had never tried it outside on a large open field until this day. I played the game with Precious on her flexi so she wouldn't stray too ridiculously far away from the eggs in her midst of searching, sort of as a way to guide her to the right 'area'. It's clear though she did struggle a few times by going away too far and she did get distracted from her task by playing with the eggs and forgetting to 'find' them, etc. But all in all, for her first time outside with what I'm sure would have been x10000 more smells and distractions than usual, I have to say she did really well by the end of it!! She really enjoyed her self!!

We aren't able to celebrate most things traditionally and it's usually just Precious and I... But we try to make the most out of the time we have together and do things that make us happy - that's all that matters in the end. Though obviously Easter isn't about egg hunts, Precious and I still had a lot of fun outdoors enjoying this exciting new activity together. I'm so blessed to have Precious in my life.... I hope you all enjoying watching our game ♥

Happy Easter everyone!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  2. dmeyer123

dmeyer123 Forums Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    Looks like she had great fun hunting for eggs! Great video, as usual!! HAPPY EASTER PRECIOUS and MICHELLE!!!!!

3. rose

rose Forums Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2011
    washington
    what a fun and cool idea !!! Tessa would have hoarded them all and try and eat the eggs. Suzi would have looked at me like i was crazy.Sugar and Kayla would have been like Precious

4. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Forums Celebrity

Oct 24, 2008
    Awwww....I think that sound is probably synonymous with "precious" now. lol. That was awesome! She did great. BTW, I love how Shelties play like cats. I guess the egg was her mouse. Throwing it around, pouncing on it. Silly pup.

Thanks for sharing. I love how you do all these things with her. She is one super lucky pup.

5. Jaynie

Jaynie Forums Enthusiast

Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas, Georgia
    Thanks for putting so much work into posting these videos and pictures of Precious! She reminds me so much of my Neechee - with the pointy ears that are too big, and the reddish coat.

They bring back some wonderful memories of my little puppy boy. Enjoy each other's company as much as possible. These angels aren't around long enough!

6. PreciousSheltie

Mar 13, 2011
    Thank you everyone, so so much for your replies! Always love reading all your kind messages <3

7. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

You are an awesome Mom! I love how you are training her and training her brain! We could all take lessons from you!

8. PreciousSheltie

Mar 13, 2011
    :hugs Thank you for the compliment, I try :) I enjoy teaching her a 'fun' trick from time to time, 'go find it' was one of them. While training her nose it also helps enforce and practice her stays inbetween each round when I expect a calm sit-stay while I go out of view to hide the treat and return to her side to release her! She use to break her stays at first when she was younger, when I turned the corner I found her running up to me and starting the game happily early on her own time but I'd tell her "eh!", and put her back in to the original spot and repeat. She soon learned that I won't take any sneak peeks and slip ups. If she chose to break her stays and look for her treats early before I released her, I wouldn't play. So not only did we have fun learning a new game of 'finding' something, we also got to practice our 'stays' this way. She's no tracking-pro but it's definitely fun to watch her try to use her nose and brain :)

9. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

You should share some of your training techniques on the forum! It would be welcomed....not just for trick training, but I'm sure similar techniques for behavioural....its all relevant

10. PreciousSheltie

Mar 13, 2011
    :yes: Thank you for the kind suggestion! = D