Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hanna Mondays, and a surprise ~ Week 38

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Photo Updates' started by EJHUNTL, Feb 23, 2014.

1. EJHUNTL

EJHUNTL Forums Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    It's finally warming up enough to get outdoors more ( only -4C ) and Hanna sure appreciated that as we got in 2 walks today.

Finally found something that makes her bark, someone at the door, deer in the yard, doves on the deck, none of these elicit a peep but apparently the broom is a fearsome thing that we need to be protected from.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/109688174@N02/sets/72157641429828954/

The doggie on the sofa is my daughter's corgi - this is not a position Hanna is familiar with, she actually prefers the floor.

The retriever (Oakley) is a neighbour's he's only 4 and very friendly but sadly completely untrained, so they can't really play together as he'd likey crush her in play. It takes all of his owner's strength to hold him back when we first meet.

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
  3. dmeyer123

dmeyer123 Forums Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    How is she always so clean and perfectly brushed? She is beautiful!!

4. EJHUNTL

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    Thank you. She really does have a nice coat - I worried a few months ago when she had bits sticking up all over but it is starting to lay mostly smooth now. Also her pants are not quite as thick as my last sheltie's yet so that helps a bit too.

She has so far had one full grooming & bath since I picked her up from the breeder last August, it was back in November and her feet have been washed a few times but she hasn't needed othewise needed bathing. I line comb her once or twice a week using a metal comb & slicker brush. The last time was a few days before these photos. The only part that is difficult is that sometimes she gets tangles behind her ears - the hair there is so fine. She is now due to go to the groomers again as she has a very faint doggie smell and a bath will fix that.

I really love how easy shelties are to keep with only a bit of brushing. A few weeks ago while I was visiting the nursing home a couple showed up with a pair of shelties and it just about broke my heart to see how matted & dirty they were - almost like they were living outdoors. One in particular looked like he would need shaving of his pants :no: You can't really say anything because it's not your dog. Who knows they were older and maybe there's some physical reason why they can't keep the doggies up. :cry:

5. Laddie's Mom

Laddie's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2013
    N/A
  6. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    Absolutely love the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

7. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Not a lion in that one pic, she looks just like a fox! Fillion is very foxy looking too. We need to enjoy the puppy coat while we can. I know it will go away!

8. Sheltie.Mama

Sheltie.Mama Forums Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2013
    Montana
    Hanna looks beautiful as always! She is just a doll! I can only hope my little girl turns out as well!:fl:wink2:

9. EJHUNTL

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    Judging by the photos your little one is going to be gorgeous!