Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Now it's my turn! Yay!

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by kryslaurelle, Jun 29, 2014.

1. kryslaurelle

kryslaurelle Forums Enthusiast

Nov 26, 2012
    SLO, California
    Thanks guys! My fiancé will be home the weekend I'm gone, but has to work all day Sunday. But it's like my mom said, no one will take better care of MY dog than ME. There's a flight that comes into San Diego (where I'll be for the trade show) after the trade show ends, so I might be able to schedule to pick him up then. We'll see.

And they won't fly animals in cargo if it's over 85 degrees. I forget that it's hot other places right now - I basically live at the beach and it's sunny and 70 everyday! lol! If it really comes down to it, I may have to fly there to get him. What's the biggest size crate you can carry on?

I'm so excited to share pictures with you guys - I feel the same way about pics! But I'm gonna wait until it's 'official' that he's mine. :biggrin2:

2. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Friend's son flew an 9 week old Golden from Fresno to Seattle. He barely fit in the carrier but they made it work. Shouldn't be too much of a problem with a sheltie.

PS -- don't mention the weather or you might just have visitors since it is SO hot in central CA!

3. kryslaurelle

Nov 26, 2012
    SLO, California
    Lol, we'll have plenty of visitors from Bakersfield this weekend anyway! Pismo Beach will be PACKED with people from the valley to watch fireworks!

4. kryslaurelle

Nov 26, 2012
    SLO, California
    Okay, guys, it's official! He's mine!!! We're shooting for a flight on July 13 that gets in right after I'm done at the trade show on Sunday. Fortunately the airport will be 10 minutes away from the show. If it's too hot to fly Sunday, we'll go for the morning of July 19 (my birthday, yay!).

Meet Enzo! (I know, there's another Enzo on the forum… :hide great minds think alike, right?)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/krys-laurelle/14375831637/in/set-72157645488078015

https://www.flickr.com/photos/krys-laurelle/14561441062/in/set-72157645488078015/

5. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Oh, he's just stunning! Congrat's and having him come in right after your trade show is a great idea. Happy birthday! My pup was a birthday gift too! Nothing could be better. July 13th or 19th will be here SO soon and you will have much delight and sleeplessness too! Let's pray for a break it the heatwave!

6. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Twinsies! I love it! Can't wait to hear about his homecoming!

7. kryslaurelle

Nov 26, 2012
    SLO, California
    Thanks! I'm super excited, and crossing my fingers for cooler temps that Sunday. I'm sure the first few days will be… interesting besides, of course, very exciting. Puppy jet lag, perhaps?

8. Judyg

Judyg Premium Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.
    I'm so excited for you. Enzo is adorable. I can't wait until you bring him home and get to tell us all about him.

9. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Enzo is stunning!!!!! It looks like he has one blue and one brown eye? Love that combo...my past blue merles, Misty and Stormie, and my current boy, Sketch, all had/have one blue and one brown. :smile2:

Trini

10. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    What a stunning little puppy man! Congratulations!!!! How in the heck are you going to get any work done till he's in your arms!?