Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Dehydrated Dog Food

Discussion in 'Commercial Food' started by fourgalore, Oct 21, 2009.

1. fourgalore

fourgalore Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    I was wondering if anyone else might have tried this dog food it's called SOJOS it's a dehydrated dog food kinda like Honest Kitchen but better quality. I'm feeding the grain free diet version where the meat (turkey) is in the product. They also have a version where you add your own raw meat. Thought about giving that one a try after the transition is complete with the new food and settled. We've been on the food transition for about a week and have not seen any poop or tummy issues. Still on the road to finding Darcy a food that he likes and won't upset his little tummy. Seems this is pretty good so far. I'll keep you all updated.

It seems a little expensive at first I paid 70 bucks for 8lbs but it suppose to rehydrate into 52lbs bag of food. Where as I was buying the 33lbs of Innova for about 50 bucks. Feeding a brood over here so price was important for me.

Also found a great new product for probiotics..you can get it in the dairy section of the grocery store and it's call Keifer made by Lifeway. It's also helping with Darcy's sensitive stomach.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  2. Ania

Ania Forums Enthusiast

Oct 28, 2008
    Canada
    I've not heard of this brand you are talking about, but I do know of a brand named 'SMACK' that is dehydrated raw dog food. I know of a few people around here that give it to their dogs. The dogs like it.

3. EmbersMom

EmbersMom Forums Regular

Oct 15, 2009
    Northumberland, PA
    Sojos

Yes, I have it amungst my dog food stash right now. I have the grain-free version that you add the raw meat to. I got it in search of a close to homemade food, particularly for my 11 y/0 (non-sheltie) who has a history of mast cell tumors. Neither of my 2 non-shelties like it at all. Ember the sheltie pup I'm sure would like it (she likes anything), but she has such a sensitive digestive system (it took 2 + mos. to find a food that agrees with her) that I won't try it. One bit of anything different gives her diarrhea. When my other two DID eat some, I found that the veggie content came out looking EXACTLY like it did when it went in, therefore, I can't imagine they got any benefit from that part of the meal. The ingredients SEEM very healthy, it just doesn't work for my crew. :wink2:

4. fourgalore

fourgalore Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    I noticed that in the beginning too with seeing veggies in the poop but I started using hot water instead of just room temp water. The directions just says add water also I soak the food overnight instead of the 30min minimum. Just in case you want to give it another try.

5. EmbersMom

EmbersMom Forums Regular

Oct 15, 2009
    Northumberland, PA
    Thanks

That's a good suggestion. I'l have to give it another try. I'd hate for it to go to waste.