Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hanna's first year in Photos

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Photo Updates' started by EJHUNTL, Jul 30, 2014.

1. EJHUNTL

EJHUNTL Forums Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    I finally got around to assembling this album of Hanna's first year - it was hard to choose just one photo from each week, but I mostly stuck to that. The very first picture at 8.5 weeks was taken by her breeder (Sherri Whitsitt of Whitland shelties) and week 51 was taken by my hubby - the rest are all my shots. I was away week 50 so no photo.

Hanna was born June 3, 2013. At 1 year and almost 2 months she is now about 14.25 inches tall and weighs 16 pounds. At age one she was about 17.7 pounds and that was a tad too heavy for her frame, so she's been on a diet and now has a waist again and is a really good size after having lost 10% of her body weight. She has an amazing coat and is a very sweet natured girl. We love her to bits, as does everyone who meets her!

These are best viewed by clicking on the very first photo and then scrolling through using arrows on side of screen (flickr slideshow does not work very well as you can't adjust the speed or the aspect ratio).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/109688174@N02/sets/72157645649723940/

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  2. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Wow that is great. Neat to watch her from cute pup to the awkward lanky to the full blown beauty.

It displayed for me like a great photo collage and I could just scroll down and see them all in order. Super amazing.

3. EJHUNTL

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    The collage is the default Flickr album view - if you click on any photo it comes up larger and you can see any captions and scroll through.

That awkward stage is the one where it's hard to believe they'll ever come into that fiull sheltie coat. I had one person tell me she couldn't possibly be a pure bred sheltie at that stage, as she just didn't have the coat - LOL

4. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Oh how wrong they were. Her coat is just gorgeous.

5. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    I had forgotten what a wee mite she was! They start out such cute furballs. Then a few weeks later you ask yourself if you remember buying a mini llama--all legs and fuzz LOL. Now she has the most glorious coat and tail!

Cara should notice that Hannah too had the bat ears for a spell there :wink2:

Very nice album. I wish now I had taken a shot of Fillion each week. That was a wonderful idea.

6. alonsoe

alonsoe Forums Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2014
    Spain
    beautiful girl!

Congratulations! your girl is amazing! :yes:

7. tentcamp

tentcamp Forums Enthusiast

Nov 4, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    Beautiful girl! I've taken a picture, well many, of Laddie every day, he's almost 15 months now, you've inspired me to sort his out and see his growth too. Isn't it amazing how quickly that fat fur ball stage goes into the lanky bat ear look before they settle into beautiful?

8. EJHUNTL

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    Thank you - it was fun to do, now hopefully I can remember to pull out the camea at least every couple of months.

I'd love to see you photos of Laddie - sheltie transformations are so much fun to watch.

9. Watson's Mom

Watson's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2012
    Wow, she's beautiful! That must have been something to look back and actually see how fast she changed from adorable little fuzzball to a gorgeous grown up lady!

10. EJHUNTL

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    We think so too Darcy, she really looks "feminine" to us. All the puppies this spring made me nostalgic; it really is over very quickly, but fun as puppies are the bond just gets stronger as they get older.