Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Tinsel's Journey

Discussion in 'Rescue Stories' started by Tagg, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Tagg

Tagg Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Brantford, On
    I had to share. We went over to the garage sale that the rescue was hosting and took Tinsel with us. As we got out of the car a few doors from the sale one of the neighbours started their gas lawnmower right beside the sidewalk. Tin moved to the other side of me and gave it a hard look but continued to walk along. When we got to the site of the sale the rescue coordinator that had transported Tin on the lap from Kingston to our house was there. She hadn't seen him since the vet visit the first week he was with us. She was happily shocked at the difference in him and was nearly in tears. She said she couldn't wait to let the transport member that brought him on the first lap of his journey to freedom know how far along he has come and how happy he is. Tinsel nosed her with a hello, met the other two dogs that were there, watched a child play, showed his little wave and then laid by my chair while we had a visit as if this was something he has done since birth. She said that this is exactly why she does rescue. She explained to the other two woman how bad Tin was when he came in, how worried she was that he might not recover and how thrilled she was to see how far he has come. This woman is tireless in her rescue work and I was so happy that she got this pleasant surprise. She and her team have been responsible for the rescue and rehab/rehome of over 300 sheltie and sheltie mixes and she said Tin was one of the most shut down dogs she had dealt with not to mention his physical state when she took him in. Way to go Tin.

2. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    And "way to go you" for getting him to come this far. I have so much respect and admiration for all you have done. Plus, sharing your "Tinsel Adventure" with us. So many of us are able to learn from your experiences.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

3. mellie

mellie Forums Enthusiast

May 18, 2011
    East Coast
    What a Cinderella Story...thanks so much for sharing your life with Tinsel !

4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Boy, I imagine the shock of seeing how far Tinsel has come has really added to that wonderful lady's motivation for rescue. It must warm your heart to know how really remarkable his recovery is.

I know his story warms MY heart, and I look forward to many more Tinsel stories. I just love the fact that he learned to "wave". I bet it is so darn cute. Please, give him a hug from me.

You go, girl!!! :biggrin2:

PS How about some more photos of the Tin Man? Pretty please?

5. Tagg

Tagg Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Brantford, On
    I'll get some pictures done and post them soon. I'm glad I didn't know what his assessment was when he came. He's a special little guy that has worked as hard as we have to overcome his past life.

6. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    oooo fetching is even more fun that circling Mr Tin :biggrin2: not sure my sheep can give yours any help though as I knew what to do the first time he threw a ball. Even my lunatic brother almost fetches proper. Now if I can just get him to throw my frisbee.... keeps saying I had a tooth out and must wait :rolleyes2:

7. PamG

PamG Forums Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2011
    Louisiana
    Continuing to watch for your posts...

The progress that you and Tinsel are making is really something special.

Pam and Sunny and Snow

8. LaddieKatieMom

LaddieKatieMom Forums Enthusiast

Apr 14, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Love is a powerful (and the best) medicine! I just look at my Laddie every day to know that.
    Looking forward to more Tinsel stories!!!

9. Sheltiemama

Sheltiemama Forums Enthusiast

Feb 15, 2012
    Indiana
    What a beautiful post! And how wonderful that she got to see Tinsel now. You are an amazing lady and I'm proud to know you. Tinsel really hit the jackpot when he got you for a mom!

10. Tagg

Tagg Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Brantford, On
    Thank you all. I'm blushing. The most important thing is that he is becoming a happy little guy that is blossoming. The other thing is that my daughter told rescue they would never have to worry if they took the chance and sent him to us to foster as they didn't know us, we weren't part of the rescue group or had even been vetted by the team but they were stuck for emergency foster homes. It's really nice when you can live up to the faith that your kid puts in you occasionally. Most of us go through the stages of parenting. First you are the smartest, then not so much until finally they think you were born in the middle ages under a rock. I guess we have graduated back to the 21st century! Thanks Tinsel.