Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Is he ready?

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by 2GoodDogs, Apr 13, 2012.

1. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Enjoy the experience! Justus will :yes:

And good luck!

2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    We're pulling for you here! Have fun -- remember, that's why we do it! When I relax and remind myself that it doesn't matter how well Beckon does, as long as he has fun -- well, that's when the ribbons start coming! I figure if I hear people say, "Look at him prance! He just floats out there, having such a good time," then I know we've won, no matter what color -- or no color -- we walk away with!

3. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Whew! What a day! My friend and I are ok, we are at the hotel resting up for dinner. Bobby had a nice open run, but stood up on the sit when I was leaving the ring. The judge said he looked up and down the line, then sat and stayed the rest of the time. Oh well... I was glad we entered Nov C, he had a 195.5, and first place!

Then puppy boy got his turn, I was shaking in my shoes! He did great though, I was so proud of my boy! 195.5 and 2nd place! Go boys!

Bobby is first tomorrow, we are going to try and win it all! :razz:

It is a beautiful day here, and I am glad my training buddy is feeling better!

4. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    I will post the videos as soon as I get wifi access.

5. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Yay!!! Well done!! :biggrin2:

6. fuzbuttsheltie

fuzbuttsheltie Forums Enthusiast

Aug 4, 2011
    Maryland
    Congrats to Bobby, Justus and you!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time in spite of a rough start and the boys had a good time too. Two 195.5s are a good time. I don't see to many dogs scoring a 195.5 with misery written on their faces in the ring!!!

Can't wait to see the videos!

Novice C....is this UKC?

Dani
    Double Dare Derrick CD, RAE
    Armitage Dazzling Spun Gold CDX, RAE
    Staymat Magnificent Journey UD
    Blackmyst Poker Face

7. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    Nicely done and nice scores. My Justis didn't have that good a score his first time out. :smile2:

8. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Yes, this is UKC, the judge was a bit lenient, but consistently so.

In a few hours we get to do it again!

9. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWmJngf3_uc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Today has been a bad day for Bobby. He melted into a down on the sit stay in Nov C, and after a nice open run, laid down on the sit stay. Huts like last year, the judge asked if she could correct, I agreed. He was shocked that the judge could make him do that!

Justus gets a turn in a bit...

10. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Justus lay down on the group sit yesterday, but the neatest thing about non-regular classes is you don't fail! You get a ribbon and he received a toy anyway! I love UKC, I love my dogs, I love the sport of obedience and the chance to do it again another day!

I met some nice people, had commaraderie with the usual suspects and learned a bunch.

I will look for our judge again, she really knew shelties!

Now to go back to working on those sit stays...

what would you suggest I try?