Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Behavior or health issue??

Discussion in 'Behavior' started by ute_fan, Aug 3, 2014.

1. ute_fan

ute_fan Forums Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2012
    Utah
    Looking for advice please. Callie is almost 3, and we haven't had any issues with her going potty in the house for almost 2 years. This week, suddenly, she's having accidents. She messed in her box on Friday morning, and both yesterday and today she's peed in the house. Luckily is was on a hard surface floor both times, and easy to clean up, but I can't be worrying constantly about her relieving herself in the house.

Our schedules have been mixed up lately, and she's been alone more than usual, and we haven't been home to feed her on her normal schedule. Does this sound like it's more a behavior/schedule issue, or does it sound like a health problem?

We just had her in to the vet yesterday for a bordatella vaccination, but I don't think that should be causing her to pee, should it?

2. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    I would definitely take a urine sample in to be tested for possible UTI. At her age some changes in her schedule typically shouldn't result in her having these accidents.

Trini