Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

What colors/Markings are your favorites?

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Sheltie.Mama, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Sheltie.Mama

Sheltie.Mama Forums Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2013
    Montana
    I am just curious what your favorite markings and colors.. I like a tri with a bright tan, a bi blue with as much black as gray, and either a mahogany or golden sable. I like a full collar, (even though none of mine have one) white socks, and a noticeable but not huge blaze.

What do you like?:smile2:

2. Tagg

Tagg Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Brantford, On
    I am not as tuned in for colour as I am for expression. I do like a full collar even though Tin doesn't have one but even a solid face with the right expression would get me every time.
    I always said that it is a good thing that I bred Westies (white only) and Belgian Groenendaels ( only black) or I might be swayed by markings! I know that if I were to get another Tervuren it would have to have a dark face :)

3. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Blue merle -- I lived with a bue merle Aussie for 10 years and because I loved him so much the color is dear to my heart whether is Aussies or in shelties.

4. Lightplum

Lightplum Forums Sage

Jan 4, 2009
    Rhode Island
    I love blues as puppies..they have soo much bone, fluff, and expression..as adults alot of them lose that heavy bone look and the fluff..
    Also I am a huge sucker for plain face sables...I look at them and my heart just melts.

5. Rileys mom

Rileys mom Forums Enthusiast

May 6, 2013
    MN
    I love blue merles. One day I would like to have a bi blue, black or tri. For markings I like a blaze and a white collar.

6. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    I love Sables.

When it comes to the blues I'm too picky about the coloration to consider them a favorite. I like blues are don't have large patches of black on them. Tris, while I'm sure if you know tris you can pick out the color differences easily but, for me, I just find the relative consistency of the coloring boring. :hide

Bi-black would probably be my next favorite color. There's an elegance about the basic black and white that I find appealing.

7. Sheltiesr2cute

Sheltiesr2cute Forums Regular

Jan 19, 2011
    Ontario Canada
    I love sables. I prefer them with a medium blaze and tipped ears or even floppy ears but not so much with pricked ears. I love a huge collar.

Becky Mom of Bristol, Charlotte, Phoenix, and Sparkie

8. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    My first favorite would have to be the dark red mahogany with a slight, almost not there blaze, the full white bib and I love the tipped ears, a little black falling around the face from under the ears is also a nice touch. Having said all that, I also like my furbaby to have some expression and personality.

9. Bradt9881

Bradt9881 Forums Enthusiast

Jan 15, 2014
    Fayetteville, NC
    I really enjoy a nice blue. My biblue boy has heavy patches of black and white, with a lot of blue on his left face, and streaks of blue on his back....

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  10. Katagaria

Katagaria Forums Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2012
    Ireland
    I love when sheltie's show a slight smiley expression, I also love when they only have one tipped ear (I'm biased... both my sheltie's only have one tipped ear lol.)