Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Australian shepherd?

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Sheltie.Mama, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Sheltie.Mama

Sheltie.Mama Forums Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2013
    Montana
    Don't forget the mask!

2. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    Here's an idea for the "uneducated", carry 3 pictures, 1 of a border collie, 1 of an Aussie and 1 of a Sheltie. When they want to argue, just hold up the pictures! That *might* shut them up, of course if you have someone that just knows everything there is to know, doesn't matter what you do or say, they are still going to know better than you. :gaah

3. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Forums Celebrity

Oct 24, 2008
    I admit. The first time I saw a smooth Collie, I thought someone shaved a rough Collie. I know the difference between huskies/mals and eskie/sammy, but that's because I've wanted to one all four. Haha. Now that mini Aussies are becoming more prevalent, I'm getting asked that more. Even though Koji is big.

I hate arguing with people who know better than me and yet, I can't help myself. Haha.

4. JessicaR

JessicaR Forums Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2008
    Tiffin Ohio
    My bi-blue sheltie is a aussie, my bi-black sheltie is a mini border collie, and my sable sheltie is a collie didn't you know that :wink2: you cant possible know what breed of dog you own better than the random stranger on the street :lol: Of course my favorite one is when I had an apricot colored standard poodle, he had to be a golden doodle :ick

5. melbell

melbell Forums Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    I always get border collie and collie for Ruutu... but he does stand at over 18" so I don't blame them. It's funny seeing him playing with my parents' 13" sheltie. Honey has never been anything but a sheltie :biggrin2: He's my first "is that a..." question.