Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Humping?

Discussion in 'Considering a Sheltie?' started by sheltielover123, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Little nasty Baker! Cubby hasn't found the hip action. He just climbs on Melli's head and stands there.

2. EJHUNTL

EJHUNTL Forums Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    Miss Hanna humped her sheep toy a few times when she was really little (3-4 months old), haven't seen her repeat that since. I do believe her humping days are over :lol:

3. Mom2Melli

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    For Kristie & Baker --

You know what they say . . . it's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean.

Hee Hee. Baker's so cute, how do you tell him NO for anything? Including, er, motion of the ocean!

4. bkzoo

bkzoo Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Ok, I'm at work, probably shouldn't be on SN...and you made me laugh out loud!

It would be unethical to post a video of him "getting happy" with the soccer ball, but it is SO FUNNY! He just goes to town until we kick it out from under him.

I sure hope this isn't a sign of things to come as he gets older. I plan to wait until he is 1 before the neutering...but maybe not...:ick

5. Mom2Melli

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Only dog owners would find both the wee willy winkie thread and this one humorous.

I have yet to see said winkie with Cubby, but is a matter of time I am sure.

6. Watson's Mom

Watson's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2012
    I'm so glad to hear Baker has a humping problem... that little pup was looking and sounding way too perfect! Good luck making it to 1 year. Wait till he starts, erm... leaking?... all over the floor.

7. Mom2Melli

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Agreed!

Let's just hope when he auditions for the agent he doesn't decide to include THAT trick! Actually, sigh, there is a lot of call for that in Hollywood too and might just get him a job even faster!

Oh, Melli just shouted that she used to tell all her pups (now she said it in Spanish mind you . . .) but she used to tell them "stop that or you'll go blind!"
    :yuckyuck

8. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    Lol!

Honey tried humping my leg exactly two times. Loud growling bark noises and a hand clap from me and she sure never tried that again! But I would describe her as very submissive as a pup, and even now she's more passive than assertive.

My parents dogs romeo and juliet...after two litters they were fixed. The male never mounted without intent, the female...even after being fixed...well she had Romeo firmly under her...thumb...

9. bkzoo

bkzoo Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2014
    Wisconsin

double ick!!!

Never had to deal with this issue. Toby was our first male, adopted (already neutered) around 1 year old, marks EVERYTHING outside, no issues inside & never humps anything. My Trace never had the urge to hump, was neutered at 7 months.

Does anyone think tiny Baker is making up for an inferiority complex by showing the soccer ball that he's the boss? even tho the soccer ball is bigger? lol

10. Watson's Mom

Watson's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2012
    Cara- Ms. Melli must have been a good mama trying to keep those babies in line!

Kristie- It was so gross, I thought he had an infection so I asked the vet about it... "oh no, it's perfectly normal, it's smegma it will stop once he's neutered." :ick:ick:ick Lump that word in with the likes of "moist" where just the word itself is disgusting. So, after he was neutered, I was THANKFULLY able to stop cleaning drips and wiping nasties off his fur. Thankfully though, Mr. Passive never gave a humping demonstration.

Maybe I don't want a puppy after all.... come to think of it, they are kind of gross.