Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Fastest dog on the team!

Discussion in 'Flyball' started by SheepOfBlue, Aug 9, 2015.

1. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    So Sca did a 3.7 today! :yes:

Well actually it showed that but the timing lights did something weird :lol: Sca did well though. He was slower than normal but I am sure it was him being a bit timid. This is the first time back after he jammed his shoulder getting out of the motorhome. He still wants to be lifted out (he won't use the ramp yet). But since his time was steady or declining I am confident he is OK. We will go back to the chiropractor again right away just to be sure though.

Of course when racing against his buddy Jax.... well the other Sheltie must not beat him :lol: He did his fastest time of the weekend running against Jax.

Overall everyone is exhausted except Spitfire :gaah

2. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Missy says 3.7? Did you turn into a whippet?

3. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Holy Batman! That's amazing.

Oh, I just read the post again - were you tricking us? And importantly, did you get a photo.

4. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    No pictures :winkgrin: I was surprised and even more so that a majority of the team spotted it. Maybe because he was last dog and they were waiting to see our overall time.

I am not sure if Adam got any good Sca pictures. I ran two teams (one half time) and box loaded two more. So of 96 races I box loaded ten and ran 8. I was pretty wiped out by Sunday afternoon.

5. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    He's got Saturday up so far. I spotted a couple Sca pictures. I don't have time to go through all of them at the moment.

6. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    Wow! That's really awesome!!!

7. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    :biggrin2: be sure to read the entire post. He had a good day with over 700 points but the 3.7 was a timer error. He did a 5.5 racing his buddy Jax but was mostly 6. Normally he is 5.1-5 when passing.

There were a bunch of Florida teams there including one we have not seen before the Jumping Jacks from Jacksonville. Always neat to see teams from outside the district.

8. Cara Sandler

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    Whoops! Ah well, as long as he had fun ;-)

9. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    :yes: he did and he was slow but did not increase. Last tournament he jammed his shoulder jumping out of the motorhome and we had to pull him. So it was good to see him hold steady on time. I do expect him to get faster again as confidence comes back. Of course the team was happy also as he was our height dog and while we had a back up that was 7" instead of 10" he was also 10 seconds vs the 6 Sca was running.

The battle is on though as his buddy Reed got his Onyx :cool: So if Sca wants to keep being top Sheltie he might have to go all Tonya Harding on him :eek2: Just kidding of course we visited with our pal Reed and gave him congratulations pets.

10. Cara Sandler

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    It sounds like so much fun!!!! And yes, anytime you're trying to bounce back from an injury, just getting out there and holding your own is terrific.

I really hope Spirit ends up enjoying flyball. Even though she is very tiny, she's very fast for her size. I worry, though, that since she is so small (about 12" at the shoulder) her relative speed for her size won't be enough to make up for dropping the jump height for the team. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how things play out as she learns more and more.