Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Missing my Darcy

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by DarcyDog, Mar 12, 2014.

1. DarcyDog

DarcyDog Forums Regular

Mar 12, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I found this forum yesterday and found it so helpful, that I wanted to post a thank you to everyone. I lost my Darcy on Monday. She was only 10, and it was sudden, so no time to prepare for it. Yesterday was truly the worst day of my life. I've never felt such gut wrenching pain. It was just Darcy and I in the house, so the quiet yesterday was just terrible. Finding this forum was a true blessing, so thanks to all who have posted their stories as it really helped me.

Today is better, I can still cry at any time, but it's better. I have a wonderful extended family who have rallied around. I know with time, the pain will ease, and although I'll miss her forever, I will be able to remember more of the happy times.

2. EJHUNTL

EJHUNTL Forums Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    So sorry for your loss - they really do take up a big space in out lives and our hearts.

3. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    I'm so sorry. Practically everyone here understands this and we are all holding you in our thoughts as you go through this. It will improve and change and with time the memories of love and happy times will shine through, but it is indeed so hard to go through. Hugs and strength to you.

4. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Losing such a beloved companion is one of the worst heartbreaks we face...I am so sorry for the loss of your Darcy.

Time will help your heart heal, but it is a roller coaster ride...just when you think you are doing better the tears start again...but gradually the memories that bring smiles will outnumber the tears.

Welcome to the forum...I wish you had found us for a happier reason, but am glad you have joined...almost everyone here knows all too well the pain you are going through and our hearts go out to you.

Trini

5. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    Welcoming you to the forum.

I am so very sorry to hear of your sweet Darcy's passing.

My heart and prayers go out to you.

6. jomuir

jomuir Forums Enthusiast

May 10, 2011
    Wow, I'm sorry you lost Darcy so suddenly. I can imagine your house feels very empty & quiet right now :cry:. It's so hard losing them, I hope your grief passes in time so you can treasure memories of her with fondness instead of sadness-I bet Darcy would like that.

7. tofu pup

tofu pup Moderator

Aug 28, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Oh, I am sending you a great big hug... my Mark (in my picture there) passed away suddenly and unexpectedly at 11. It was absolutely devastating to me, and it took a long time for me to feel "right" again. I'm so sorry that you're experiencing this terrible pain.

I am certain that you gave Darcy a wonderful life, full of love and good care. He must have been a very special Sheltie, because I know he was very special to you.

Take good care of yourself. :hugs

8. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I'm so sorry about Darcy. I lost my first Sheltie the same way...in one day. She was fine in the morning and gone that night. It was very difficult to get past it. Let yourself grieve and don't try to rush it. Eventually you'll be able to remember your good times with her and smile. Darcy will always be with you in some way. Wishing you comfort and peace. :hugs

9. DarcyDog

DarcyDog Forums Regular

Mar 12, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Well it's Day 4 missing Darcy and yesterday was a really good day, but today is bad. I know this will happen, and it helps me to put in writing how I feel. Thanks so much for your support.:cry:

10. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    So very sorry for your loss. It has been about six weeks since we helped our Sheltie Cody cross the bridge. Time does heal, our memories are now of all the smiles Cody gave us. But sometimes I still shed a tear for him. Do not hold back, a good cry never hurt anyone. It just shows how much you love him.