Go Back   Sheltie Forums > Sheltie Talk > Sheltie Chat
Become a Premium Member Rules Support Sheltie Nation Member Map

Notices

View First Unread View First Unread  
Old May 12, 2014, 09:38 AM

Once when we were camping, Bitsy Boodle disappeared. We were calling her when a nearby camper said, "She's over there," pointing down a path. We came around the bend to find Bitsy in the middle of a ring of young people, joyfully enjoying a pick-up soccer game! Our ball-obsessed girl!
Sponsored Links
Old May 12, 2014, 09:41 AM

Lol, well you guys must not have been providing enough entertainment (or balls) for her!
Old May 12, 2014, 11:57 AM

Callie got out of our backyard a couple of summers ago when the lawn spraying guy neglected to shut the gate and I didn't know. I was totally panicked! My husband wasn't home, and wasn't answering his cell phone. We live fairly near a busy street, and I was so petrified of finding her mangled little body on the street that I called my son-in-law to see if he'd come help me look for her, as I was afraid I'd totally have a breakdown if I did find that she'd been hit.

In the meantime, I stood in the yard and called and called for her, and she snuck up behind me from the neighbors yard -- two doors down. I was never so relieved in my life. I was also shocked that she didn't bark to let me know where she was, but didn't hear a peep out of her.
Old May 12, 2014, 12:37 PM

For a classic Spitfire worry read #3
http://www.sheltieforums.com/showthr...itfire+trailer

The guys never go off leash as I don't trust either of them. Interestingly even though Spitfire has the worse recall he does not go anywhere in the few times he has escaped. I guess the chase is more fun than not being home
Old May 15, 2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Once when we were camping, Bitsy Boodle disappeared. We were calling her when a nearby camper said, "She's over there," pointing down a path. We came around the bend to find Bitsy in the middle of a ring of young people, joyfully enjoying a pick-up soccer game! Our ball-obsessed girl!
OH !! That must have been adorable!
Old May 15, 2014, 07:18 PM

Shelby would go and find any kid or dog to play with. I don't think she would even bother trying to find us. And I highly doubt she would bark. Sometimes I loose her in the house, she goes in the basement, garage etc and I don't realize she is there. Then I close the doors, turn off the lights. After a few moments of quiet I realize she is no where to be found. Despite walking around and calling her she makes no noise at all! Only to be found sitting at the door waiting for it to be opened.

Our previous Sheltie also would not have barked. She was deathly afraid of loud noises and many times we would come home and not be able to find her. Fearing the worst we would search and call with no noise from her. Then we would eventually find her stuck in the closer, with the door closed and she couldn't get out,mor even behind he washer and dryer.