Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Training class

Discussion in 'Agility' started by helps, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I have a friend who is going to love these....
    thanks again:yes:

2. SheltieChe

SheltieChe Forums Sage

Jan 6, 2010
    Chicago
    Nice courses, thanks for posting! at least they make sense with some lines. Competing in CPE, where no ¨back¨ of jump even allowed, some of the stuff we learn is overkill for me. In 342 course we just practiced teeter when you keep back and do not go to the end, great skill to have. Also we are great at sending to tunnel from the back, now am wondering if I can make it to blind between 34-35 which will help me to do turn on 37. Wondering which way did you end up going at number 37...

3. helps

helps Forums Enthusiast

Feb 21, 2011
    CR, Europe
    @Calliesmom happy to hear that^ enjoy!

@SheltieChe Wow, you mean like in CPE you never send dog to take jump from the back? Having dog compete teeter/dogwalk ahead of you on his own is surely great skill to master. :yes: Very useful.
    I assume you talk about first course - blind between 34-35 would be difficult. At least the way we had it set up. First option we trained was blind cross between 35-36, and then sending dog around the back of the jump 37 while dog runs on your right side. OR staying with dog on your left side after 36 pulling him closer to you and then send him around 37 while doing blind cross. I'm horrible at explaining things but this course is actually one from the second video so you can see it there :wink2:

4. helps

helps Forums Enthusiast

Feb 21, 2011
    CR, Europe
    Another one from us :smile2: Lately he really makes me happy .... We had our first trial of this season last week and we won both A3 runs. Hopefully we can keep it up.

Training class
    http://youtu.be/4ls0E6RNaQQ

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  5. Sharon

Sharon Forums Sage

Feb 27, 2008
    Southeastern Ct
    Great video !!Thanks for sharing.How far apart are the weaves?

6. helps

helps Forums Enthusiast

Feb 21, 2011
    CR, Europe
    Thanks a lot :smile2:

I think that we have standard weaves with 60cm gaps.

7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    congrats on your good runs- your practice looks great:yes:

8. helps

helps Forums Enthusiast

Feb 21, 2011
    CR, Europe
    Thank you :smile2: I'm happy you enjoyed the video.

We have another trial on Sunday, running against best sheltie (and best medium dog in the country that placed 2nd in WC two years ago) and her great handler. I'm looking forward to it. It's second time we're gonna run at the same trial and it's always fun to compare your dog and yourself to experienced dogs and their handlers :biggrin2: That is if we manage to finish at least some of our runs :lol:

9. SheltieChe

SheltieChe Forums Sage

Jan 6, 2010
    Chicago
  10. helps

helps Forums Enthusiast

Feb 21, 2011
    CR, Europe
    That course surely looks interesting, thanks for sharing.

Yday we had another succesful trial. Placed 3rd in agility and 2nd in jumping. Total won 1st place. :)

http://youtu.be/GoSXWW75VuA