Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Sweet Bonnie

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by MissyGallant, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    Will be thinking about you and your Mom tomorrow. You had a wonderful life with her - treasure all those memories, they will help heal. :hugs

2. Watson's Mom

Watson's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2012
    Rest easy tonight dear Bonnie... may your journey tomorrow be an easy one. There are many kind souls at the bridge waiting to greet you. Hugs to you and your mom.:hugs

3. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    My thoughts and prayers are with you.

4. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    I am so sorry you have had to make this decision but, what a wonderful testament to your good pet parenthood that your beautiful Bonnie is 16 years old. That says she had the best possible life you could have given her. Of course you will be sad for a time, but one day in the future you will think of something Bonnie did to make you laugh and you will realize, you are finally able to smile without tears falling. I wish Bonnie a peaceful passing tomorrow and then she can wait for you and your Mom at the Bridge. RIP pretty girl.

5. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Many hugs and prayers coming your way today...

Trini

6. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Thinking of your family today. Hugs.

7. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    My thoughts and prayers are with your sweet little Bonnie today. Hugs to you and your family for being able to send Bonnie on this ultimate journey.

8. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    It is done now. It was kind of horrible. Her blood pressure was so low it took a long time for her to finally leave. And the vet for some reason felt the need to do a physical before doing this. I guess he hoped he would find something to help talk us out of the decision? I don't really know. She stopped eating completely on Tuesday, she refused even straight beef canned food- which was her favorite. But she did take a treat as he gave her the first shot. Then several minutes later, she was gone.

9. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    I am so sorry it was a tough leaving...it is hard enough without that. At least now your sweet Bonnie is at peace. Please know our thoughts are with you...

Trini

10. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Hugs to your whole family.