Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Boarding time

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Watson's Mom, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Judyg

Judyg Premium Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.
    We used to take Milo to doggie daycare and I loved the webcam. It was great to be able to watch him. We have live in house sitters right now, but that is only temporary. We do have a house sitter who stays and plays with the dogs, but Lacey won't be old enough for that for a long time.

I was so lucky, the weekend after I picked her up was crazy busy and Dawn was sweet enough to watch her overnight.

2. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    I can watch Missy on the webcam when she's at daycare. It's very nice.. she's pretty well behaved but she's the dog who is trying to get everyone to play with her in the afternoon when they're all exhausted. But one time I thought she was getting annoyed with another dog and I didn't want her to get all bitey, so I called and they went and kept an eye on her, and then called me back and said she was playing, they were fine. Webcams are nice.. especially for worry-wart dog parents like myself!

3. Watson's Mom

Watson's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2012
    I'm so glad it's not just me that worries when he's boarded!

4. Cooper'sMama

Cooper'sMama Forums Enthusiast

Aug 7, 2013
    Americus, Ga
    I have boarded the boys once when Colby and I went on a get away weekend to atlanta. Fortunately I work at the vet I boarded them at. So I was constantly texting the girls wanting pictures. And oddly, my dogs LOVE to go to work with mama!

5. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    See, that's nice. You get to board your dogs with people you really trust. I think anyone can tour a facility and talk to the people and decide you trust them to watch your dog, but when it's your co-workers.. that's like, jackpot. You are very lucky!

6. Watson's Mom

Mar 24, 2012
    That's great to be able to be on contact like that and that he already knows them.

Watching the "play time" on the Web cam made me feel worse for having to leave him! Maybe he was the first sheltie the kennel staff had ever dealt with? He's such a love bug mama's boy but if a stranger doesn't make an effort to build a rapport with him, he's not interested at first.... definitely not the happy crazy lab personality.

I watched as the one kid strolled around the play room twirling a toy looking absolutely bored to death. Barely looked at him let alone tried to interact with him. Poor Watson just followed him in circles around the room. He's a sheepdog for crying out loud, he wants to chase you!

He was so happy when he saw me in the lobby his whole body wiggled and he had a huge sheltie smile! I swapped him out for his feline brother Petey who went in to have one swampy tooth pulled, and the doctor just called to ask if it was ok to remove both lower canines:( at least he doesn't have to hint for his food. I imagine he will start to feel much better and at least this way of we take them both now, I won't be going back with him to have it done later and worry about the anesthesia twice.. he is 8 after all. So now we are checking out some parks while we wait to pick him up... He's snoozing right now after a stroll through park number 1.

7. Greenepony

Greenepony Forums Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2012
    Oh no, it took a couple trips for me to be comfortable leaving Olive with a local couple we found through Dogvacay.
    I still worry she's getting into someone else's food (she always puts on weight, but at least I know she's not stressed there) but they have a huge backyard that's well fenced and away from any streets, they don't really take on big dogs and never more than 3 at a time, and I get daily updates and pictures of her. Last time she became best friends with a Scottie, surprising since Olive is not a social butterfly at all!
    We've left her with my parents but their front screen door doesn't latch all the way and the road they live on is fairly busy so I always worry. That and my mom is terrible about dropping food- especially chocolate and plenty of things Olive is allergic to :no:

8. Watson's Mom

Mar 24, 2012
    Busted Watson out and he had the whole little dog park to himself while we wait to get Petey.

Attached Files:

9. Watson's Mom

Mar 24, 2012
    No idea why that's upside down or how to fix it.:no:

10. Jeff

Jeff Forums Regular

Aug 13, 2014
    Massachusetts
    Watson looks so happy! And so much better than the pics I saw of him after he was attacked. What a strong boy to come back from that. As a former Pit owner I know exactly how strong they are and how hard that can bite (he could eat a bone in minutes) but Watson looks great!