Go Back   Sheltie Forums > Sheltie Talk > General Dog Chat
Become a Premium Member Rules Support Sheltie Nation Member Map

Notices

View First Unread View First Unread  
Old Jul 28, 2014, 08:30 PM

Default worrying about a loose dog in the neighborhood

I saw a loose dog running around the neighborhood this evening. Tried to get close enough to see the collar, but it was fairly sizeable so I didn't want to be to abrupt in approaching it.

Seems friendly though. Ran through the side streets, across the main road and into a field at the nearby farm.... I went home to get a leash and see if I could get it, but it ran far enough into the field that I couldn't track it.

Biked around to see if anyone was looking for it...no luck. It isn't one I've met personally, but it's possible that I've seen it around. I posted to craigslist describing the dog and where I saw it, tried to contact the humane shelter and the dog warden, neither number worked So I emailed the humane shelter.

Poor pup, it's fun and games now, but tonight's going to be cold and it'll be alone...it had a collar and a harness on...I think someones probably missing her...
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:30 PM

Ends up the husky had been listed for sale on Craigslist seven hours ago. Someone browsing the pet page spotted both posts and let me know about it. I replied to the for sale post with the info. Hopefully they take the time to find her. If I haven't heard anything by the morning I think I'll contact the farm who's field she was browsing...
Old Jul 29, 2014, 08:36 AM

Default Thank you...

JacqueZ, thank you for taking the time to care and to try and help.

Can not think of anything worse than a frighten pup out on his own and alone! Hope you find him soon and there will we a positive outcome!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 08:42 AM

I'm glad you were able to link it together. Hopefully the doggy wasn't just let out . My neighbor (who I didn't know) had a dog she would just let wonder. I didn't know it and I made sure to take photos of it with my phone and posted a sighting of it at SPCA, my apartment complex and my vets office. The dog would never come near me enough to put a leash on her either via collar or slip leash, but I did feed her dog treats (stinky salmon jerky) and gave her fresh water every time I saw her.

Thank you for taking the time to look for this doggy. I'm the dog appreciates it very much.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:02 AM

The fact that the dog had a harness on her as well as a collar makes me hopeful that she wasn't just let go. Also, ends up that the gentleman who linked my post with the earlier one actually was looking at them because he wanted to adopt the husky. I'm going to go out this morning again and see if I can spot her.

If I can get her, she'll at least have a home to go to one way or another.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 09:46 PM

Did you catch the husky?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:06 PM

No.

I've not been able to find her again..haven't heard from her owners...although the craigslist ad for her has been taken down. The field she disappeared into is pretty extensive and there are a lot of woods near too, hopefully she's found shelter rather than the freeway ....
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:13 PM

Bad thunderstorms in the area tonight too...*worry worry worry!*