Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Good outdoor dog beds?

Discussion in 'Crates & Beds' started by PreciousSheltie, Mar 27, 2012.

1. PreciousSheltie

PreciousSheltie Forums Enthusiast

Mar 13, 2011
    http://img-ak.verticalresponse.com/...284c8/905bfeb145/library/DynamicAccents 3.jpg

Does anyone know where I can get outdoor dog beds like this? Modern Dog (for those who get their email) sent out a sponsor one today and they highlighted a bed like this. But after going on the website that made it couldn't find the product at all. Nonetheless I thought it might be a good idea to get something for the porch so Precious can enjoy the sun from time to time. As of right now, we don't have any beds or mats really suitable for outdoors. Can anyone recommend any brands or types of beds I could look in to buying?? I do prefer the ones slightly off the ground so the bed doesn't get dirty. Thank you

2. DPSheltie

DPSheltie Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2010
    Bristol, CT
  3. dawns2shelties

dawns2shelties Forums Sage

That's Lilly and Dusty in bed #2. They live in Ny I have come to know their Mom on Fb. Along with being models they are also therapy dogs and do alot of great work in the community. Gypsy just got a Birthday card from them.

4. Diana

Diana Forums Enthusiast

Sep 28, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    The breeder Buffy came from had a bunch of those raised cots like #3. (I think they come in a simpler model too). She said the dogs love them because the air circulates underneath when it's hot.

5. PreciousSheltie

PreciousSheltie Forums Enthusiast

Mar 13, 2011
    Thank you for the links Danielle, took a look at them now! <3

6. OntarioSheltie

OntarioSheltie Forums Celebrity

Apr 29, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    "Good Outdoor Dog Beds?"

Yeah, its called Grass. :winkgrin:

Sorry, had to throw that in, just kidding. :smile2:

I'm really interested to see what people's answer's are.

When we're outside my shelties usually lie on the ground or in the grass. Some times they'll lie on our porch furniture, but if its hot they usually prefer the ground. I'm not sure that my guys would use beds outside.

If you want something for outside, this might be good.

http://www.organic-pet-digest.com/raised-dog-beds.html

7. OntarioSheltie

OntarioSheltie Forums Celebrity

Apr 29, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
  8. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    mine don't use them inside for the most part- pretty sure outside would be waste of money:winkgrin::lol:

9. DPSheltie

DPSheltie Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2010
    Bristol, CT
    I know!!!!! I would love to get one for Riley, but I don't think he would like an outdoor bed.....He prefers the ground UNDER me most of the time. Maybe when he's older? Or when we get a house with a screen porch!! He'd match my wicker patio set!!!!

10. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Lexi would love that... to eat!! :lol: