Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Get well / Thank You card for Zippy and his Rescue

Discussion in 'Rescue Chat' started by mlamont, Apr 14, 2012.

1. mlamont

mlamont Forums Enthusiast

Oct 7, 2010
    PA
    Many of us here at S.N. that frequent the rescue and adoption threads have seen many shelties get saved, find new homes, make into rescue and find the love and kindness they may have never known their entire lives. Zippy is just one of these shelties that was blessed with a second chance, and we all followed his rescue so closely.

We have sent many emails, made phone calls, said many prayers, and have even adopted ourselves to help save these lost souls we hear about or find on Petfinder. So many rescues have really stepped up and responded when we find a sheltie in need and Austin Sheltie Rescue (and Glenn) really came through for Zippy. I would like to say thank you. I’m preparing a get well / thank you card for ASR, Glenn and little Zippy, and I would like it to be from all of us. I want them to know how much we all appreciate all of their efforts, and say get well soon Zippy. If you would like to be included on the get well Zippy card, just chime in here on this thread. I’d like to complete the card by next Sunday 4/22 and I’ll scan and post it here when it’s complete.

Thanks to everyone here that said a prayer for Zippy! It works!

2. hrcarol

hrcarol Forums Enthusiast

Jan 19, 2012
    Atlanta suburbs
    What a great idea! I'd love to say a big thank you and get well to Zippy!

3. lasheltie

lasheltie Forums Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2012
    Count me in too! I saw him & felt so sorry to see how bewildered he looked in his picture. I got the 2 girls from CT & we are having such fun. Every dog should have that chance.

Zippy, best wishes from the shelties in Louisiana- Buddy, Jack, London & Bailey!

4. rose

rose Forums Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2011
    washington
    what a wonderful idea. of course, count me and my girls in !!

5. Danny's mommy

Danny's mommy Forums Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    You better count me in too! Danny Boy said him also.:smile2: little Zippy has touched my heart forever. I pray for Zippy every day. Great idea Mike.

6. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    Here at our household, continuous prayers have been going up for Zippy's complete recovery.

WE LOVE YOU, Zippy. Get well soon.

Glen,

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for adopting Zippy.

7. LadyMcBeth

LadyMcBeth Forums Enthusiast

Oct 30, 2010
    San Marcos TX
    Zippy,

Thank you for being so strong and making through that terrible heartworm treatment....you have many happy times and adventures ahead of you, so just hang in there.....

St. Glenn,

I and my sheltie Daisy (from ASR) want to thank you so much for giving Zippy the love and care he deserves. I know he is safe with you, and I pray for many happy times with this special dog, who captured the hearts of so many here at Sheltie Nation.

8. MissSuzie

MissSuzie Forums Enthusiast

Nov 19, 2008
    Beautiful SW Florida
    Count me in!

Glenn, thank you for rescuing this sweet soul. Prayers for his swift recovery and a wonderful life together!

Suzie

9. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Us, too! Rescue Moms and Dads are the very best. St. Francis gets loads of help from Sheltie Nation -- Zippy, he's watching over you , and so are we!!! :biggrin2:

10. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    To Zippy - so many of us here have been rooting for you, thanks to Dannysmom who brought you to the attention of our hearts. I know you will get through this treatment and have wonderful times ahead.

To Glenn - a thousand thanks for your big heart, this senior dog will repay you in countless ways. I know it is win - win. :biggrin2:

Sharon
    Asta and Ally