Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Happy 2ed Birthday Dixie!!!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Tabitha, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Tabitha

Tabitha Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Today's not Dixie's actual birthday, but we'er celebrating it today. I first saw Little Miss Dix on April 23, 2012, she was only 4 hours old. She, her big brother and sister, and there mother were surrounded in filth. A responsible dog owner/buyer would have walked away and not looked back. I knew she wouldn't be as healthy as my boys and she would have health issues, that alone should have made me walk. But I couldn't, I simply couldn't. She was the smallest of the three, and didn't look healthy at all. I put my money down on a pup that I didn't even know would survive the 8 weeks. I named her after my home land, the people of Dixie land are strong and resilient, we can jump back up from any natural or man made disaster. I called to check on her nearly every day. Praying and hoping that she stayed true to her name. She did, and at 8 weeks old she came home covered in poop from her filthy makeshift play pin (it was just a bunch of rotten wood boards tied up together).

We've had some bumps in the road (to say the VERY least) that would bring almost any dog to it's knees, but not Dixie, she's stood tall to all the challenges like a true Rebel solder! I'm so proud of her, but I'd take all her illness and pain for myself in a heartbeat, I wish I could. My friends are still baby siting her until we can find a way to get around the 4 dog limit law legally. I hear of people with 5 dogs here with no problems from the law and I sometimes feel sick with envy. I mis her every minute of every day, but I know she's happy and safe. I'll post pictures of her later today after my visit, I can't wait to see her!:biggrin2:

PS Mommy#2 (my friend JoAnn) has been very sick the past couple of weeks and is has been in the hospital for over a week now. Please say a prayer for her that she's better soon.:fl

2. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Happy day Dixie! And Tabitha. Prayers for your friend, may she recover quickly and return to all who love her very soon.

3. Tabitha

Tabitha Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Here she is with all her presents! I couldn't bake her a cake, so I knitted one!:rolleyes2: I also embroidered her name into the heart on the purple bone.

Attached Files:

4. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Bless her little heart! She looks so sweet.
    And I hope you get to see it when what goes around comes around to your neighbors--cuz it will!

5. PatC

PatC Forums Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2012
    P
    What a sweetie!

6. dmeyer123

dmeyer123 Forums Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    What a sweet heart...happy birthday Dixie!!! Love the knitted cake slice!

7. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    Aw-w-w Tabitha, what a sweetheart your little Dixie is, she is growing up to be a beautiful young lady, one that any momma can be proud of. As for your friend JoAnn, I will ask God to keep her in the palm of His hands and pray that she has a complete and speedy recovery. :fl

8. mellie

mellie Forums Enthusiast

May 18, 2011
    East Coast
    Happy birthday Barks from Sally to the sweet Dixie !! She is adorable.

9. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Forums Celebrity

Oct 24, 2008
    Happy birthday Dixie!

Love the cake, that is too cute. Sending hugs for Joanne.

10. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Happy Birthday, Darlin' Dixie!!! You're a lovely Southern Belle.