Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

It never just rains, it pours! :(

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by trini, Jun 28, 2014.

1. sable

sable Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2008
    Hopefully Dante is back to normal ASAP. Two good shelties down. You have your hands full. I have seen where that ligament has been stretched on a dog and it goes back just takes time. Hope they stay calm for you Trini. Oh my.

Take care of yourself too.

2. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Thanks for asking, Sharon. :)

Both are doing really well. Mickey got his stitches out yesterday and our vet is absolutely delighted with his progress. E-collar for one more week and limited exercise for another 4 and then FREEDOM! And today for the first time since his surgery Mickey is once again carrying around his "babies" (squeaky toys) and squeaking them for literally hours on end! Never thought how much I would cherish hearing those blasted squeaks again!!!!! LOL

Dante is moving totally normally...if I hadn't been right there when he got hurt and had the dx of damaged ACL from our vet, I honestly wouldn't be able to tell there was anything wrong with that leg...but he too has several more weeks of limited exercise. Thankfully he is not as hyper as our MickMan and keeping him low key is a bit easier.

So all is good in Invalid Land. :smile2:

Trini

3. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Sable, that is good to hear that you have seen stretched ligaments tighten back up on their own. Dante is doing super well and I am very optimistic that without further injury he will heal without surgery.

BTW Mickey and Dante are not "real" Shelties...they are Pommies who pretend to be Shelties so they can be members of SN. :wink2: But I do have 4 real Shelties too.

Trini