Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Greetings from Norway!

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Sparta, Jul 29, 2014.

1. alonsoe

alonsoe Forums Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2014
    Spain
    Nice girl :)

Hi Nina, you've got a very wonderful girl!

I have 2 little shesties 4 months old from a Norwey breeder, 25 years breeding shelties, who now is living in Spain. I have a sable boy (son of the spanish champion 2013) and a tricolored girl more similar to yours...my little princess!

I'm sure you'r enyoing her all the day as I do with mine!

I wanted to share a picture but I can't.....because I don't have facebook or other programs....perhaphs in the future.

I find this forum very interesting, I guess you too, there are a lot of interesting things about shelties that help us.

Welcome!

2. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    Hello Nina, welcome to you and Sparta to the forums, congratulations on your new baby. This is a great learning and fun place to be. Your little girl is absolutely adorable and I see many fun, happy years ahead for the both of you. :smile2:

3. Sparta

Sparta Forums Regular

Jul 29, 2014
    Norway
    Thank you all for the warm welcome! We feel at home already :)

Thank you! We start learning English quite early over here, and some of us just never stop practicing. :rolleyes2:

Yes, she's Norwegian bred, from La-Min-So's kennel. Many of the more established breeders over here work closely together with English breeders and share their ideals, and there are plenty of British studs and sires in Norwegian pedigrees. That might explain the heavy coats. :wink2:

I think I know who you're talking about! They produce really beautiful, functional dogs. Your puppy's half-brother (if I remember correctly) just sired his first litter in Norway, with nine healthy puppies!

4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Welcome, Nina and Sparta! She is a really cute little fluff ball! You will learn and laugh a lot on this forum. Very cool to have a member from Norway!

5. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Sparta is just lovely -- I love that British type myself. I have several friends in Norway -- so glad to add another! :biggrin2:

6. alonsoe

Jun 20, 2014
    Spain
    I'm sorry but my english is not as good as yours, we start late in studying it and we don't practice english so often......

Shelties in Spain are not easy to find, it's not a popular dog here....I knew about them in internet, we always wanted to have a collie until we found the shetlands, then we have no doubt that shetland fits perfect to us.

My shelties are completely different, the male is european lines and the female is in part in the USA lines, both beautiful! And they have any line in common betwen them, so we can have puppies in the future.

The breeder is Kennel Caravan, they have a lot of experince and guarrantee the puppies are free on common genetical problems.

I find this forum very interesting for me because it's difficult to find something similar in my country due to the fact that only few people here have shelties or know about them....people who see me walking my dogs always ask if they're collies....:lol:

I wish to share all our doubts and experience to all of you :wink2:

7. Sparta

Sparta Forums Regular

Jul 29, 2014
    Norway
    That's what I thought! I've har my eye on their dogs for a while, they have a bi-blue male who is simply outstanding. Very few Norwegian breeders use the American lines, but Caravan has done it very successfully. Caravan males have fathered some of the finest agility competitors in the country, and with the US type becoming more accepted, they're doing well in the show ring, too. Congratulations on choosing a skilled breeder! :biggrin2:

8. alonsoe

Jun 20, 2014
    Spain
    Thanks

Lots of thanks! It was not difficult to decide the breeder.....they're their good reputation, professional and good results.....very beautiful, healthy and good shelties!

I'm trying to share photographs of my dogs, but I'm not able yet, I'll try in the future.

Thanks.

9. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Welcome Nina...you have a really beautiful little gal in puppy, Sparta. Congratulations!

Trini

10. Greenepony

Greenepony Forums Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2012
    Welcome! Sparta is adorable!

I have family outside of Bergen and their English is amazing - sometimes with far better grammar than my native speaker relatives :wink2: (the only Norwegian the US side of the family knows are less than polite phrases we learned from the older generations, funny how that works)