Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Edan not eating... sort of

Discussion in 'General Health' started by Silaria, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Celtic Fire

Celtic Fire Forums Enthusiast

Dec 4, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    With a little more food in his tummy yesterday, when we got home we found a new sheltie greeting us at the door. More active and alert than he's been in days. Sil and I chalk that up to him being tired and lethargic from not eating now.

Anyway, Sil mixed some puree sweet potato baby food in with the Eagle Pack and he chowed down on it and was actively looking for more. A HUGE change from the last few days where he didn't want to eat at all and showed little interest in eating.

He's had two doses of the Flagyl now and has eaten his normal quantity of food with the sweet potato added twice now. He's active and energetic again and is back in his normal routine which may also be helping too.

Anyway, just wanted to post a short update on Edan's progress.

Thanks for all the support and suggestions, the warm thoughts and prayers.

2. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Thanks for posting the update, Glen. I didn't get to it yet this morning; it's been a little busy.

3. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Yay! I'm so happy to hear that he's obviously feeling better. Keep us in the loop :)

4. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    thats wonderful! I'm very glad that Edan is eating and feeling better.

5. mbfrench

mbfrench Forums Celebrity

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    Well that Flagyl is great stuff!

This is HAPPY news~:yes:

6. RonandJan

RonandJan Forums Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2009
    Windward, FL
    Silaria, I missed this thread somehow, my apologies. I hope that Edan continues to brighten. He seems like such a dear little guy and that both of you love him so much.

Take care and keep us posted.

7. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    Thanks so much for updating us on how Edan is doing. So happy to hear he is doing better and that the medicine is agreeing with him okay. It is wonderful to hear he is eating again, and even looking for more. Sounds like he's on the road to recovery now! Praise God.

8. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    Execellent, prayers for continue recovery.:smile2:

9. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Wonderful news, you must be so relieved! Hope Edan continues to improve with each day.

10. SheltieLuver

SheltieLuver Forums Enthusiast

Aug 31, 2008
    South Carolina
    Woo Hoo! Sounds great! Hoping for continual improvement for this little guy.