Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Missing my Darcy

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by DarcyDog, Mar 12, 2014.

1. mellie

mellie Forums Enthusiast

May 18, 2011
    East Coast
    God bless you and send you peace for your grief. Darcy will always be with you -in your heart.

2. cookieP

cookieP Forums Regular

Jan 28, 2014
    Spartanburg, SC
    I am so truly sorry for your loss. Any time I read one of these posts my eyes well up. I can't bear to think of anyone losing their companion. I have had similar experiences before and I know it is so, so difficult. My thoughts and prayers are certainly with you.

My last dog went suddenly, and although it was unexpected and it broke my heart, I have to say that I would almost prefer that to a long period of suffering and pain like I had with my first dog (not a sheltie). He had all kinds of issues, thyroid problems, cataracts, went blind, became incontinent, lost all his fur, and we tried to take care of him in this condition for over a year. He really suffered, even though we tried to make him as comfortable as possible and gave him everything we possibly could, he just didn't have a very good quality of life at the end.

I'm glad Darcy didn't have to suffer long. But I know that does not make it any less painful to lose him. Again I am so, so sorry and praying for you!

3. Doughgirl55

Doughgirl55 Forums Novice

Mar 5, 2014
    New York
    So very sorry for your loss!

4. DarcyDog

DarcyDog Forums Regular

Mar 12, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thank you everyone for your warm welcome and kind words. I was able to bring Darcy home last week and it was almost shocking to me how such a feeling of peace came over me once she was home.

It's gotten easier since then, and I find myself this week pondering the thought of bringing another sheltie baby home. I now can't imagine not having one with me--they are such beautiful, loyal, and loving creatures.

5. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    I am glad that your precious Darcy is "home" and that brings you some measure of peace. And I am glad you are starting to consider opening your heart to another little sheltie. There is never any "replacing" of a lost love, but a new dog carve out his/her own special place in your heart.

Trini

6. susanmccain

susanmccain Forums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2013
    London, Ohio
    I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your Darcy. Keep those good memories close to your heart. You will be in my thoughts.