Go Back   Sheltie Forums > Sheltie Talk > Sheltie Angels
Become a Premium Member Rules Support Sheltie Nation Member Map

Notices

View First Unread View First Unread  
Old Mar 13, 2014, 09:34 PM

God bless you and send you peace for your grief. Darcy will always be with you -in your heart.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 08:27 PM

I am so truly sorry for your loss. Any time I read one of these posts my eyes well up. I can't bear to think of anyone losing their companion. I have had similar experiences before and I know it is so, so difficult. My thoughts and prayers are certainly with you.

My last dog went suddenly, and although it was unexpected and it broke my heart, I have to say that I would almost prefer that to a long period of suffering and pain like I had with my first dog (not a sheltie). He had all kinds of issues, thyroid problems, cataracts, went blind, became incontinent, lost all his fur, and we tried to take care of him in this condition for over a year. He really suffered, even though we tried to make him as comfortable as possible and gave him everything we possibly could, he just didn't have a very good quality of life at the end.

I'm glad Darcy didn't have to suffer long. But I know that does not make it any less painful to lose him. Again I am so, so sorry and praying for you!
Old Mar 21, 2014, 09:49 AM

So very sorry for your loss!
Old Mar 25, 2014, 07:52 AM

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome and kind words. I was able to bring Darcy home last week and it was almost shocking to me how such a feeling of peace came over me once she was home.

It's gotten easier since then, and I find myself this week pondering the thought of bringing another sheltie baby home. I now can't imagine not having one with me--they are such beautiful, loyal, and loving creatures.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 08:37 AM

I am glad that your precious Darcy is "home" and that brings you some measure of peace. And I am glad you are starting to consider opening your heart to another little sheltie. There is never any "replacing" of a lost love, but a new dog carve out his/her own special place in your heart.

Trini
Old Mar 25, 2014, 08:57 AM

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your Darcy. Keep those good memories close to your heart. You will be in my thoughts.